Venue Address (Get Directions)UML Club Battles @ Zook Round 2
Date and Time
Sunday, April 6th, 2014 at 12:00pm
Underground Music League (U.M.L) for the first time is collaborating with the WELL KNOWN ZOOK to present to you all HIP HOP Sundays!
Zook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zook-club-lounge/302328873228281?rf=294864810530997
Also visit our partner www.DesiHipHop.com
Dates (Tentative) -
FIRST SHOW on 30th March '14.
SECOND SHOW on either 6th April or 13th April.
FINAL SHOW will be on 20th April.
MOTIVE - To resurrect the battling scene in Delhi. We see a lot of talent while cyphering with Delhi Rap CypherMania. UML in collaboration with Zook wants to bring the exposure to the same and is trying to give the best opportunity possible to our own Artists. This is a revolution in Delhi, a new concept, something that brings the change and something people wanted to see; a competition with an incentive.
VENUE - Cafe Zook
PVR Anupam Complex, No.3, Community Centre, Saket, New Delhi.
There will be three types of competitions:
2. Beat boxing;
3. Dancing (Hip Hop).
Every Sunday, starting from 30th March, rounds of above mentioned will be held on the floor. On 30th March first round of both rap battling and dancing face offs will happen. Beat boxing first round will start from the 2nd week, continuing till the Finals on 20th April.
1. FIRST AND FOREMOST THING, BATTLING WILL BE PRE WRITTEN, SO THAT EVERY COMPETITOR GETS AN EQUAL CHANCE. You can come prepared or battle off the dome, will leave that on you. So no rocket science in guessing that you'll know your competition before the battle, henceforth you can come prepared and give us a good show as live audience will be there.
2. Rounds' duration and other information will be provided to you there itself.
3. Proper sound system will be there.
4. Battles will be ACAPELLA.
5. Further information will be given to you before the battle.
1. As the title say, we're focusing JUST on Hip hop Genre, hence, all the sub parts of Hip Hop Dancing like B Buoying, Locking, Popping and other related are allowed in this competition.
2. IT will be a COMPETITION not BATTLING.
3. How many people will be eliminated and every detailing will be given to you on the spot.
4. There will be a given time for your piece, so get your socks up and start preparing.
1. Mic will be given and particular time will be given in which you have to entertain the crowd.
2. You winning is based on how much you can groove the audience.
3. It will be a competition not battling.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR ROUND I
(for all the three competitions):
There will be 3 basic judging criteria, with different weights assigned:
1. LIVE AUDIENCE (30%)
THE PEOPLE WILL DECIDE!
Every person present in Zook on Sunday will have a say over how things go. Every member of the audience will vote for their choices, on paper. Make sure you bring your homies along, and keep the crowd happy! Beware, however, biased votes will not be counted.
2. ONLINE JUDGES (50%)
The entire event will be covered in HD and videos will be uploaded. They will be reviewed by our judges who will grade the artists on their performances. Their names will soon be unveiled!
3. ONLINE AUDIENCE (20%)
The videos will also be available for the world to see and the artists will be free to share the links with their friends+followers. The hits their respective clips get will give them another possible chance to go through to the next round.
NOTE: Rounds will be held after a span of one week to make sure that the judging criteria we've opted for is not biased or unfair in any way. Also, since online audience as a criteria is also involved, you will get your results within a week, and your next round opponents will be revealed only then.
On 30th March -
First rounds of both Rap Battling and Dancing competition.
On 6th or 13th April -
Second rounds of Rap battling, dancing and first round of Beat boxing.
On 20th April -
Final of three and prize distribution with GUEST PERFORMANCES.
Proper Video Footages will be done as it's a criteria of judging. Promotion will be given to every artist on every networking site of UML.
Entries - Entries will be FREE for audience. For Artists it's INR 100 to register.
Registration Link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v0BLH5AdcUnAtg4WbPi6dJP4YQLq73l1AXF5lBph5Yc/viewform
1. Cash prizes for all three winners.
5. Discount on Food and Liquor in Zook itself.
Important point: Whosoever will enter from UML's side in Zook will get special discount of 20 percent.
ONLY FOR DELHI ARTISTS.
For further information, contact -
Bhavya - 9811667455.
Shashwat - 9811637822
Our sponsors -
Much Love to our Photography and Videography team.
Social Media Partner: SmartIcan.com