This two-horns-no-chords quartet was established by drummer Matthew Jacobson in 2007 as a creative outlet for his compositions as well as his somewhat perverse fascination with anagrams. While he failed to find such avid fellow followers of wordplays, he did find and enlist the help of improv and rhythmic specialists Derek Whyte (bass) and Nick Roth (alto sax), with trombonist Colm O'Hara arriving a little later.
The band play all original compositions from Jacobson ("one of Ireland's most exciting young talents" - the Irish Times) with influences including artists such as Charles Mingus, Jim Black, Deerhoof and Tim Berne. The formula for putting all this together in one palindromic setting is downtown grooves with catchy riffs and collective improvs.
ReDiviDeR have recorded two albums for Diatribe, Ireland’s leading record label for new sounds. ‘Never odd or eveN’ was released in November 2011 to a four-star review in the Irish Times and a ‘one to watch out for’ recommendation in All About Jazz. ‘meets I Dig Monk, Tuned’ was released in October 2013 and has been called 'an inspired endeavour' by No More Workhorse, 'a big leap forward' by Marlbank and ‘a striking musical collage… recommended for those generally disposed to imaginative, genre-bending music’ by All About Jazz.
The group have performed at many festivals in Ireland and the UK, will be undertaking their first French tour in November 2013 and plans are currently underway for an Italian festival set and a Norwegian tour in 2014.
• Galway Jazz Festival – supporting Chris Potter’s Underground - November 2010
• 12Points! Festival – representing Ireland - May 2011
• Cork Jazz Festival – ‘Best Young Irish Band’ - October 2011
• ‘Never odd or eveN’ – Diatribe - Album released November 2011
• Music Network Performance & Touring Award - Irish Album Launch Tour – November 2011
• Match&Fuse UK Tour – with London band WorldService Project (WSP) – January 2012
• Bray Jazz Festival – May 2012
• Match&Fuse Festival, London – June 2012
• BBC 3’s Somethin’ Else - broadcast of M&F Festival set & interviews - July 2012
• Music Network Recording Scheme Award - ReDiviDeR meets I Dig Monk, Tuned – 2012
• DownWithJazz Festival - Dublin - August 2012
• Arts Council of Ireland EU Presidency Award - for two Match&Fuse Irish Tours - 2013
• Match&Fuse Irish Tour - with WSP (UK) - March 2013
• Match&Fuse Irish Tour - with Alfie Ryner (FR) - June 2013
• 'meets I Dig Monk, Tuned' – Diatribe – Album released October 2013