JAKE CRANKER (whose real name is Jairo Macías), was born in Quito (Ecuador) on June 17th/ 1981. He arrived to Barranquilla (Colombia) at the age of 5. During his childhood and teenager years he was influenced by 80's and 90's bands, grewing up into the barranquilla's rocker ambience with bands such as CARBONO 14, ESPIRITU URBANO and others.
He was part from the bands, AVATAR, HYPNOSIS, JAIRO MACIAS BAND (Solo Artist) and now is member from THE CRANKERS
After several years out from music, Jairo decided to make a comeback to music, presenting his solo artist demo called "EL DESIERTO" (THE DESERT). This demo was recorded by Julian Sarmiento in Barranquilla.
During 2009 to 2011,“El Desierto” (The Desert) and “Amor Demente” (Insane Love) were on Colombian and International radio stations such as: Estacion 94.1 FM Radio Uniautonoma Stereo (Barranquilla), RADIONICA Colombia (Bogota), Caldas FM Stereo, Rock Sound Radio Show (Manizales), UIS Stereo Radio Station (Universidad Industrial de Santander) Bucaramanga, Emisora Atlantico (La Chachara" and Programa "Satélite" Radio Shows), Emisora Ultramotora (Quito, Ecuador), Zapping TV Show (Telecaribe), and more.
Jay were nominated for the category "Male Artist" in SUBTERRANICA ROCK AWARDS 2011, made in May 4th in Bogota among artists such as: Alfonso Espriella "Angels", Cesar Lopez, Juan Alzate, being the only male artist from Barranquilla.
THE CRANKERS runs over inhospitable highways, dusty roads and dangerous relationships that combines into a massive sound coming from the Desert Rock.
THE CRANKERS OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.thecrankersband.com
THE CRANKERS is a rock band formed in Miami, FL by Raul Avendano (Frontman, Harmonica Guitars) born in USA from colombian parents. Raul with the Colombian - Ecuadorian Jairo Macias (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals) and barranquilla's members Emanuel Gamarra (Lead Guitar, Vocals), Hans Gamarra (Drums, Vocals) and Luis Altahona (Bass, Vocals). created the band on March 24th 2012
Mass Media Diffusion:
• RADIONICA COLOMBIA – Caravana Julio 2012 en Barranquilla. Nationwide Interview with
TELEHAZE. Bourbon Street Barranquilla
• EL HERALDO – Revista HEY!. Miche Rock Festival – October 2012
• DIARIO LA LIBERTAD – Artículo “Regresa a Barranquilla el Miche Rock Festival” – Octuber 2012
• SUBTERRÁNICA – Artículo escrito por Felipe Szarruk: “Miami y Barranquilla se fusionan con THE CRANKERS” y Podcast Capítulo 2, Nuevas Bandas November 2012.
• TELECARIBE – Interview and Band presentation live at CONTACTO TV Show on TELECARIBE - June 2013
• RCN - LA MEGA RADIO STATION – Interview about GIRA ACIDA EN RUTA 2013.
• Festival Interactivo de Música Uninorte 2012 – Barranquilla, Marzo 2012
• Fête de la Musique 2012, Alianza Colombo Francesa – Barranquilla, Julio 2012.
• Miche Rock Festival 2012, Plaza de la Paz – Barranquilla, Octubre 2012
• Anima Fest 2012, Combarranquilla Sede Boston – Diciembre 2012
• Navijazz – Rock 2012, Fundación Clena, Plaza de la Aduana, Barranquilla – Diciembre 2012
• Danger Fest 2013, TECNICOR – Abril 2013
• Fête de la Musique 2013, 4º B Rock Bar – Junio 2013
• GIRA ACIDA EN RUTA 2013 with Poetas Acidos (Bogota), Huesera (Bogota) and Tarantino
(Barranquilla), 4º B Rock Bar - July 2013