You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
The Conlons play emotionally driven Americana/Country. Their roots wind heavily through 60s and 70s influences like Nick Drake, Neil Young, Tom Waits, Lucinda Williams and Emmylou Harris as well as the more contemporary PJ Harvey, X, and The Civil Wars.
• Annette was awarded the 2011 Songsalive! Songwriter of the Year.
• 2011 plaque of appreciation presented from the American Red Cross in gratitude for Annette Conlon/NetteRadio fundraising efforts for Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief in March 2011.
• 2009/2010 Recipient ASCAPlus Award – Annette
• 2007/2008 Recipient ASCAPlus Award – Doug
• Finalist in the 2008 LA.Com Peachy Keen Award for Best Original Love Song
Annette currently performs with her husband Doug in the Americana/Country duo ‘The Conlons’ and they are in the studio recording their first LP/CD due out late 2014 or early 2015. Their single “Spinning Forward” is available on the Talking Stick Compilation CD II.
The new CD "The Concussion Sessions" features songs written after Annette sustained a serious concussion in April 2014. Consisting of 10 songs this new project is an honest exploration of truth, love, loss, and redemption and features Annette on vocals/guitar/violin and Doug on vocals/guitar/banjo/mandolin/lap steel/ bass.
You can see The Conlons in residency at MUSE on 8th (759 S. La Brea) in Los Angeles every 4th Friday of the month with a variety of talented musicians culled from Los Angeles and the West Coast.
An accomplished vocalist, Annette performed with Dallas rock band Eden Automatic for 10 years, touring the South West and playing festivals clubs, parties and countless colleges as well as opening for prominent acts such as The B-52s, Pretenders, Missing Persons, and Duran Duran, among others. Eden Automatic’s success included the release of 4 albums, song placement on countless compilation CDs, college/internet radio play, and song placement in both independent and major films.
“Merry Xmas From Hell” (recorded by Eden Automatic in 2006) is featured in the closing credits of the Highland Myst Cinema Group/New Line Films Dec 2009 release Fall Down Dead (Released to DVD in 2010). The film also includes the cover of “Three Ships” as performed by Eden Automatic.
• Merry Christmas From Hell (single) – Fall Down Dead - Highland Myst Cinema Group/New Line Films Dec 2009
• Three Ships (single) ) – Fall Down Dead - Highland Myst Cinema Group/New Line Films Dec 2009
• I'll Love You To Death (Not Your Familiar) - Suburban Nightmare (2004 - EI)
• Don't Wake Becky (Not Your Familiar) - Suburban Nightmare (2004 - EI) (DVD Music Video)
• Need (Glimmer) - American Nightmare (2002)
• Laughing (EPED) - A Rat's Tale (2000 - Warner Brothers)
GoGirlsMusic : since 2001
ASCAP: since 2001
NARAS (The Grammys) Voting Member: since 2001
Endorsed by Daisy Rock Guitars: 2003
Rockin’ Moms: since 2003
Mamapalooza: since 2007
Songsalive! (PRO) : since 2007