ReverbNation is the preferred submission platform for the Sturgis Buffalo Chip®, The Largest Music Festival in Motorcycling®. Talent buyers will work with ReverbNation to select up to two (2) ReverbNation/BandLab Singer Songwriters to perform during the Sturgis Buffalo Chip’s 42nd Anniversary event, taking place August 4–13, 2023. This year’s performers include Lynyrd Skynyrd, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Whiskey Myers, Styx, and many more.
- Artists will perform approximately 60 to 90-minute sets
- Sturgis Buffalo Chip® will negotiate compensation directly with performing artists
- Amenities for all performing artists include campground admission passes, showers, all Sturgis Buffalo Chip® concerts, all included events, and tent camping or RV space
- All performing artists are subject to a radius clause preventing performance at other venues within a 250-mile radius of Sturgis, SD, from August 1 through August 15, 2022
“Will Our Band Get Promoted if Selected?”
Yes, bands get massive promotion from Sturgis Buffalo Chip®.
- A promotional photo, short bio, and set time(s) featured on the BuffaloChip.com website
- Name mention, location, and set time(s) included within the comprehensive Buffalo Chip online event and entertainment schedule
- Billing alongside headliners on the official show Facebook event
- Billing alongside headliners in official full band lineup announcement video
- Inclusion on limited edition commemorative festival poster
- Band promotional materials shared on Buffalo Chip Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram channels
On-site promotion includes:
- Possible broadcast of one song during performance on the Sturgis Buffalo Chip YouTube Channel
- Name mention, location, and set time(s) included in daily itineraries sent out to tens of thousands of Buffalo Chip email subscribers
- Name mention, location, and set time(s) printed on comprehensive entertainment schedules posted throughout the grounds
- Banner space at all performance locations
Additional promotion opportunities include:
- Possible digital package of high-resolution images from performances and photoshoots for performing artist’s future promotional use
- Possible acquisition of concert footage from stage performance for future promotional use
- Possible featured appearance or artist integration in Sturgis Buffalo Chip promotional video and/or photoshoots
- Possible song sound bed use in official festival lineup video or sizzle videos
- Artist merchandising: Opportunity to display and sell artist merchandise at up to two official Buffalo Chip band merchandise consignment locations
About the Festival
The Sturgis Buffalo Chip® is the Largest Music Festival in Motorcycling®. It is the world’s first and leading entertainment destination for the motorcycle enthusiast. The venue’s high-profile, nine-day festival, known as The Best Party Anywhere®, remains one of the world’s longest-running independent music festivals.
Located three miles east of Sturgis, SD, on 600 creek-fed acres, the festival offers multiple stages of entertainment, a swimming hole, bars, food, showers, cabins, RVs, camping, and more to visitors traveling from all corners of the world. The Chip’s concerts are free with camping. Want additional details? Click here.