This year’s TCS New York City Marathon is looking for dozens of ReverbNation bands to voluntarily perform at one of the world’s biggest races. Last year, over 100 bands performed along the race route. The selected bands will perform for athletes and spectators at the TCS New York City Marathon along the 26.2-mile venue in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and The Bronx. This event is the perfect opportunity to support the community, with over 50,000 marathoners and 2 million spectators expected to attend.
- All bands that are selected to perform are on a volunteer-basis. Bands will not be paid for the opportunity, nor will any travel expenses be reimbursed
- Selection Criteria: High-energy, family-friendly music
- Participating musicians will be featured in the official TCS NYC Marathon mobile app
- The race will also be broadcast live locally on WABC, nationally on ESPN2, and streamed live online. ABC will also broadcast a two-hour highlight show nationwide. Marathon entertainment is often featured alongside the coverage of the race
- Bands are responsible for bringing all of their own equipment and PA system. Bands will set up on the sidewalk, alongside the race course
- Some locations may have power donated by a local business, while others may be compensated for generator/fire extinguisher rentals
- Locations are subject to availability and the discretion of entertainment management. Bands will be able to submit their location preferences prior to assignment
- All bands will be sent official TCS NYC Marathon race day credentials, which must be worn in order to perform
About the Marathon
From Olympic medalists to first-timers, the TCS New York City Marathon attracts athletes from around the world to run before two million cheering spectators and a billion worldwide television viewers. As any one of the more than one million past finishers will attest; crossing the finish line in Central Park is one of the great thrills of a lifetime. More than four decades after its start, the TCS New York City Marathon continues to grow in size and be the leader among marathons around the world.