Saturday November 9, 2013 at the PEACOCK Room
2pm until close. 18+ / $5.00 Suggested Donation
Jug-ly Art and Antics (Art/Music/Charity Event) returns to the Peacock Room with the Carnal-val of the Absurd, Orlando’s first parking lot sideshow complete with weirdness, art and wonder. On November 9 from 2pm until we say so, the strange, unusual and downright absurd will take center stage when showmen, artists, and musicians descend on the Peacock Room in the Mills50 District.
- Over the course of the day visitors will be able to play ‘Carnal-val’ games including the Skunk Ape Dunk Tank, A Rotten Pumpkin Toss, Carnie Corn-Hole and more. Witness the Bearded WoMAN competition hosted by the Orlando Facial Hair Club. See ‘Live’ wood carving with chainsaws by DeTiki Custom Carvings. Additionally, no ‘Carnal-val’ would be complete without a PIG ROAST provided by Johnny’s Filling Station.
- This fully loaded opening day will also feature performances by the 20 Penny Circus, and the Kitschy Kittens Burlesque Troupe.
- Join the swamp revival featuring live music from bands hailing from all over the state of Florida. Be reawakened by the sounds of; The Bloody Jug Band, Slick Wood, Prison Wine, the Swamp Rats, Koffin Varnish, MugUgly and more.
- Inside the Peacock Room; the opening of the ‘ART of the RESURRECTION’ exhibit will examine how objects that have out-lived their usefulness can be resurrected as art. Face Jugs, skateboards, assemblage pieces are the order of the day. Everything about this exhibit is recycled, for sale and benefit a great cause.
This event is open to patrons ages 18 and up with a $5 suggested donation at the donation station. At 8pm the fun moves indoors for more adult fun (w/$5 suggested donation at the door).
Proceeds from art sales, door admissions, selected beverage/food purchases and general donations will be used to for the creation of scholarships for underserved children at Creadle School of Art’s ‘Young Artist Program’ and Grind For Life- Helping People with Cancer.
Crealdé School of Art; a community-based non-profit art organization, which features an affordable curriculum of over 100 studio courses in painting and drawing, photography, jewelry, and ceramics and sculpture. ***Donations will fund several scholarships to allow under-served youth to participate in the Summer Young Artist Program. www.crealde.org
- Grind for Life-Helping People with Cancer; The mission of the Grind For Life organization is to provide financial assistance to directly cancer patients and their families when traveling long distances to doctors and hospitals. In addition, they educate and inspire these patients and families concerning cancer survival and recovery. ***Donations will fund a group donation to this wonderful organization. www.grindforlife.org
For questions or more information contact Chuck Dinkins at email@example.com, John Theisen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mendi Cowles (Peacock Room) email@example.com
The Peacock Room
1321 N. Mills Avenue Orlando, FL 32803