I find myself in a new flurry of musical activity!!
I took the last 3-4 months of 2015 off from music work as I was building a barn our property here in VT. And now that the saw dust has settled and winter has laid her white coat upon us, I am getting back into the force that drives me.
So where do I begin…. I think the list will suffice:
1. Summer of 2015 found me in a recording session playing drums for a rock trio. Due to unfortunate circumstances, the engineer is not able to complete the mixing for this session. I volunteered to take over the mixing and production for this session and am underway, making progress, and hope to have a release in early summer.
2. Over the past 2 months I've been working on a number of solo 'ukulele tunes, as well as a series of uke duets. The past two weeks found me traveling in Chile, where I had the time to really dig into these compositions and make big progress on the work. Thoughts for a book/cd of the uke duets is in the making.
3. A solo recording session is in the plans for the next 3-4 weeks. Perhaps an EP… perhaps full album…. These details may have to be worked out once in the studio.
4. Booking…… the ever present monster for the independent artist!! Need a ukester or a band for your event or venue?? You know where to find me.
5. I am gonna do my best to be more present on the social media thang. Never my strong suit, but I understand its importance in todays music world! Anyone want to be my social media liaison?!?! Hit me up.
Thanks for being a fan, for listening to the music, and for reading. Rock on!
I was recently thinking about how great the last year in music has been for me. Of course the most thrilling of 2014 music events was the completion and release of my fourth studio album, "Unyielding", with the Ben Carr Music Project. This release was a long time in the making and is a piece of work which I am highly satisfied with. Also in the recorded music realm, I appeared on Sunny Lowdown's "The Blues Volume Low", and the cd was voted the best blues album of the year by Spokane Public Radio. Sweet!! In June I finished my 3rd and final year in the James Hill Ukulele Initiative (a teacher training certification). It was a great 3 years working with James on 'ukulele instruction, playing techniques, and pedagogy. I am a much better player and person from this experience. I played a number of uke festivals and gatherings in 2014 -- most notably the Mighty Uke Day IV in Lansing, MI. Meanwhile, back at home, the Southern Vermont 'Ukulele Society changed its name to the Brattleboro 'Ukulele Society and is still going strong. All shapes and styles of strummers are welcome to get on the BUS! 2014 also gave me a renewed interest in playing the drums, courtesy of the band Old Man Joe, which began as a guitar/drum duo but soon morphed into a power rock trio. Unfortunately some personnel differences find me not in this group any longer. But....I've got the drum bug again!!! With 'Unyielding' being completed and my renewed energy on the drum set, the creative juices are flowing and I'm working on a series of new material which could be ready by midsummer. Thanks for supporting Ben Carr Music in 2014! And cheers to a great 2015! ps..... I'll be hosting some uke workshops in the next few months, so keep an eye out for those.
Hey all!! Oct. 31 will be the last day to get this deal on 'Unyielding'. One pre-release purchase gets you the hard copy CD (complete with artwork, liner notes, and signed by me), plus a free download of the live album compilation. All this for only $12!!! Once 'Unyielding' is released, both albums will cost $15. Visit http://bencarrmusic.com/shop/ and click on the pre-order button to make your purchase today. Thanks for being a fan. And thanks for your support!!
It is with great joy that I announce pre-sales for the upcoming album release, Unyielding. This collection of 10 original compositions features the current line-up of the Ben Carr Music Project (Ben Carr - vocals, 'ukulele, percussion, Jason Koerber - flute, alto saxophone, Josh Maiocco - electric guitar, Joel Eisenkramer - acoustic and electric guitars, Pat Stevens - bass, and Pete Biolsi - drums) and travels through modes of rock and reggae, layered with jazz, bluegrass, folk, and afro-latin grooves. This genre mash up is the defining sound of the BCMP.
"What's the incetive for pre-buying the album?" I'm glad you asked. First off, the cost of Unyielding during pre-sales is $12.00. After the release date (which will be in the fall of 2014) the album price will be $15.00. Secondly, with a pre-sale purchase you will receive a free download album of live BCMP and solo recordings over the past 3 years. That's two full length albums for $12.00!!
Please navigate over to www.bencarrmusic.com where you can place orders through a secure PayPal link.
Check the music. Get the App. And be hip with Ben Carr Music