Lyric Dubee is an award winning, multi-genre artist born and raised near Toronto, Canada. Proficient and at ease playing ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, and JAZZ, his deep appreciation and experimentation with all the genres led Lyric to personalize his own style of music known as REVOLUTION ROCK. A singer, songwriter, and guitarist he performs his own works as a solo artist and fronts his own band.
Lyric Dubee released 4 albums before he was 18. Lyric is endorsed and supported by Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars and Guitar Centre and is part of the Brotherhood of the Guitar.
Lyric just signed a world-wide multi-album deal with Mascot Label Group (Provogue) and is now opening for the GoGo’s Farewell Tour with Kaya Stewart.
"Lyric Dubee is a natural born star, he plays guitar like his life depended on it and sings his own songs with the sincerity needed to cut through a lot of today's manufactured music”. DAVE STEWART (Eurhythmics)
He has performed live in over 250 shows and in music festivals such as NXNE, CMW and headlined the Music By The Bay Festival. International Performances include:
• 2016: Los Angeles NAMM Metal Jam , The Mondrian Skybar, multiple days at Malibu Guitar Festival, and performing at various school programs
• 2015: CIMA Showcase in Japan and China “Young & Restless” Tour
• 2015: Beverly Hills California, Iridium NYC, Djangofest & Hard Rock Cafe Seattle
• 2014: Exuma, Bahamas and Austin, Texas at SXSW
• 2013: Tour of Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee
Lyric has opened for or shared the stage with performers such as Walk Off The Earth, Honeymoon Suite, David Usher, Rik Emmett (Triumph), Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo), Lee Aaron, Carole Pope (Rough Trade) and many more talented musicians.
Lyric’s music can be heard in regular rotation on various online and traditional radio stations and found on iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby, Soundcloud, Reverbnation, songza and many other sites.
COMBAT OF LOVE – Album #4
• At 17 Lyric released his 4th album! He wrote and recorded the album in LA where he began working with Grammy Award Winning Producer Warren Huart (Aerosmith, The Fray, James Blunt)
• 2015 Semi-finalist Unsigned Only Music Competition for “Linger”
• ”Linger” from his 4th album debuted at #7 on the DRT (Digital Radio Tracker) National Airplay top 50 ROCK Charts on Oct 17/15
• “Linger” also debuted at #21 on the National Airplay Top 80 Independent Artists Charts
• “Combat of Love” debuted at #11 on the US Top 20.FM Count Down in Hollywood California “The World’s NB1 Weekly Top 20 Countdown Show | Broadcast On Over 500 Stations”
• “Why”, “Linger” and “Combat of Love” are being spun on radio stations around the world
“I like this “Combat Of Love!” … It has some damned good guitar work + lyrics set to what I would call a semi – rock beat! … Pleasing to the ear & containing just enough emotion to keep you coming back for another listen! … Can’t wait to hear some more of this guy’s work!” COUNT, MUSIC DIRECTOR AT WAYOUTRADIO.CO.UK (Combat of Love Album review)
BLACK ICE – Album #3
• Lyric started recording his 3rd album in February 2014 and recorded all 10 songs between Nashville and Toronto. The album was released on Sept 19 2015 along with his 4th album Combat of Love
• WON 2015 Best Young Songwriter at the Toronto Independent Music Award for “Bridge to Nowhere” AND “Black Ice”
• WON 2014 Most Promising Youth Award at Barrie Arts Awards
• WON 2015 PlaYr Award for “Black Ice” best Music Video at PLaYr York Region Film Festival
• Song Feature for “Black Ice” featured on Discover Hit Music
• 2014 Semi-Finalist for “Bridge to Nowhere” at International Songwriting Competition (ISC)
• WON “Honorable Mention” with the song “They Say” in the “Teen” category in the 2014 Unsigned Only Music Competition
“Lyric continues to outdo himself with each and every song. He is a lot like Eric Clapton, you never know what is coming, but when it gets there it blows you away… He is going to become a legend.” TOMMY NEAL – STARS2COME.COM (2014 Black Ice Single Review)
ALIVE – Album #2
• Lyric released his 2nd album at age 14 to rave reviews and international sales.
• WON 2014 Best Music Video for “Alive” at York Region Film Festival
“Like his Debut album this new CD (ALIVE) is another gem that must be heard! Each track is a masterpiece that truly demonstrates just how talented young Lyric is in his writing and arrangement skills. In addition to this, Lyric’s vocals are now more mature as his vocals have dropped dramatically.” ROD JOHNSON, RIVENMASTER.COM
BROKEN DREAMS – Album #1
• Lyric wrote all the songs for his first album, ‘Broken Dreams’ which he released when he was just 12 years old.
• WON 2011 Best Young Songwriter Award at the Barrie New Music Festival 2011 and was approached by Rogers TV to use his album as the soundtrack for a show they were launching “New Slang”.
Press and Reviews
Lyric has been featured and interviewed in various media outlets including CBC, CP24 Breakfast TV, Rogers Daytime, SIRIUS Radio and the Humble and Fred Show and has had many articles written about him including being featured in Guitar International Magazine 2015.
“Did you ever just have the feeling you were in the company of greatness? For instance, I wonder what the people in Elvis's high school thought when they first heard him sing. Chills right? Well that’s what I got when I first heard and then saw Lyric Dubee.” JOHN REIGN – CRANK IT UP MAGAZINE, USA 2016
“Dubee could well be the next Jon Bon Jovi: equally at home and confident writing his own songs, composing with others, and performing in various genres like the seasoned entertainer that he already is. It’s when he steps out of his comfort zone, however, that he truly lets his genius bloom.” LAURIER TIERNAN – METROPOLIS MAGAZINE, Japan
“Definitely a star! And the hardest working artist I know.” Elaine Overholt – vocal coach to the stars (John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, Richard Gere, Catherine Zeta-Jones)