The John-Paul Jones Group was formed in 1999 at the insistence by then bass player Robert Lloyd Davis (currently with Fully Loaded) that Jp take the helm both vocally and managerially of the band, thus it was decided to name the band in honor of the Jones name since Jp was the 2nd in a line of 3 John-Paul Jones namesakes. (Jp’s father & son are both named John-Paul).
The John-Paul Jone Group has one mission and that is to play roots/blues based music and to jam on stage and provide entertainment in the form of the great jam bands of yesteryear like Humble Pie, Allman Brothers, Ten Years After, Jimi Hendrix Experience, and the great blues masters of today and yesterday like Buddy Guy, ZZTop, Little Walter, SRV, Jeff Healey and Gary Moore…
You can also expect the John-Paul Jones Group to pull out from time to time instrumental jams on contemporary music as Jp states, “This band loves EVERYTHING, but anything with soul and groove its possible we may pull it out. One minute we might be playing ZZ Top Cheap Sunglasses and it may transform into Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder”
Booking Agent: John-Paul Jones Group is represented by AFM Entertainment.
Management: John-Paul Jones Group is represented by H&J Entertainment.
Record Label: John-Paul Jones Group is on the Eugene's Trick Bag Label
“The beauty of a John-Paul Jones Group show is that it is just that a SHOW, its not about anything more than the band sharing what they love with the audience.” - Megan Daley - Fan and Supporter
“Jp Jones in an incredible guitarist, his abilities are second to none, and he can play with soul and attack like no other” - Frank Thomas - Seattle
“The John-Paul Jones Group, SE Iowa’s long kept secret powerhouse, finally back for the attack” - Heather Hartman - fan.
“Incredible guitarist, he can play blues, metal rock anything and he has a great time while doing it” - Matt Van Dyne - former student
“Jp’s mastery of the instrument and music theory and his band’s ability to adapt to any situation is why I took lessons from him and still support him to this day” - Aaron Lane
Jp Jones uses
Carvin X100B Guitar Amps/Cabinets, Ibanez UV and RG 7 String Guitars, DOD, Digitech, Dunlop and Morely Pedals.
Sally Henry uses
Stu Hamm model Fender Basses Behringer XAMP Pre-amps Seimic Audio Speaker Cabs and Peavey Power Amps.
John Payne uses
Johnson Blues King Harmonicas, Digitech Effects, Tubeworks Amplifiers
John-Paul Jones Group’s Production, consists, of
QSC Power Amps, Peavey 3020HT cabinets,
Custom Loaded 18” W-Bins,
Behringer x32 Digital Mixing Consoles,
Galaxy In-Ear Monitoring Systems,
Fostex Recording Decks,
Samson, Audio Technica, Audix and CAD Microphones.
The P.A. is sized for crowds from 100 to 500.
Larger sized production is contracted for larger shows.
John-Paul Jones Group Sample Songlist (Subject to change)
1. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
2. Too Rolling Stoned - Robin Trower
3. White Room (Live) - Eric Clapton
4. Green Light Girl - Doyle Bramhall II & Smokestack
5. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
6. Statesboro Blues - The Allman Brothers Band
7. Just Got Paid - ZZ Top
8. Jesus Left Chicago - ZZ Top
9. Day of the Eagle - Robin Trower
10. Tore Down - Jeff Healey
11. Footstompin' Music - Grand Funk Railroad
12. Snake Charmer - Doyle Bramhall II
13. Still Got The Blues For You - Gary Moore
14. Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
15. I'm a Man - The Spencer Davis Group
16. Wrap It Up - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
17. Black Friday - Steely Dan
18. Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers - ZZ Top
19. Rack Em Up - Johnny Lang
20. Damn Right I got the Blues - Buddy Guy
21. Red House - Jimi Hendrix
22. Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix
23. Rock Me Baby - Robin Trower
24. Roadhouse Blues - Jeff Healey
25. Blue Jean Blues - ZZ Top
26. Walking By Myself - Gary Moore
27. My Little Girl - Jeff Healey
28. I Don't Need No Doctor - Humble Pie
29. 30 Days In the Hole - Gov't Mule
30. Hoochie Coochie Man - Jeff Healey
31. Crossroads - Cream
32. Cold Shot - Stevie Ray Vaughan
33. Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
34. Voodoo Chile Slight Return - Jimi Hendrix
35. Rainy Day Still Dreamin - Jimi Hendrix
36. Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top
37. Thats What I Say - Ray Charles
38. Cold Sweat. - James Brown
39. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
40. Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
41. Say What - Stevie Ray Vaughan
42. Hideaway - Jeff Healey
43. Cissy Strut - The Meters
44. Green Onions - Booker T and the MGs
45. Burning Organ - Paul Gilbert