You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
The Como Brothers - Matt and Andrew are singer/songwriters and performers. October 2014 they recorded a new EP with Grammy Award winning producer Graham Marsh (Bruno Mars, CeeLo Green) at Germano Studios in NYC. Also playing with them on the EP is Grammy winning artist Steve Jordan on drums and Andy Burton of the John Mayer Band on Keys. The new EP is scheduled to be released in June 2015. They have 3 releases so far, "The Speed of Sound EP" (2012) “Still Waters EP” (March 2013), and, full length album “Baby Steps” (October 1, 2013).
Having grown up performing in a Beatles tribute band on Long Island The Como Brothers are no strangers to the Long Island music scene. Matt and Andrew Como have been honing their craft as established singer/songwriters and performers.
The Como Brothers Band have performed at many music venues and festivals throughout the Northeast. Formed by songwriters Matt and Andrew Como, the band is known for their catchy lyrics and melodies.
They are an experienced band that has opened for acts such as PJ Morton of Maroon 5, The Wallflowers, American Idol David Cook,Howie Day, Ryan Beatty, Sam Woolf (American Idol Contestant), Tyler Ward, Jillian Jensen (X-Factor and American Idol contestant). The band has performed at the Hard Rock Cafe Times Square, The Cutting Room, Webster Hall, Highline Ballroom, Manchester 65, The Middle East, The Troc, Nassau Coliseuim Warped Tour, the Jones Beach Ampitheatre Side Stage and many more.
A note from Matt and Andrew Como:
We have been surrounded by music all our lives. Our parents made sure we had lessons and instilled their love of music as part of our household. Our dad and his brothers are all very musical. During family parties throughout our childhood, our uncles would jam in the basement. We loved it when they played together and would join in. This is where we first got a taste of performing. In later teenage years, Matt and Andrew joined their father and their uncle in a Beatles tribute band, playing in local bars across long island. Andrew was George and Matt was John. Soon we started writing songs. We loved playing Beatles music but wanted to play our own music. Once we started writing songs in we started to look at music as a career option. All music, merchandise, and recordings have been funded independently by us through hard work and determination.
Our music has been placed in:
• MTV's Real World Portland & St. Thomas
• E! Network’s Keeping up with the Kardashians
• The Oxygen Channel's Best Ink
• Quicksilver Advertisements
• Indie movie Wingman Inc. Soundtrack
• Canon Consumer Electronics Trade Show Commercial
Notable experiences in 2014:
• Won 2014 IMEA Pop Album of Year- Baby Steps
• 2014 Semi Finalist Unsigned Only International Songwriting Competition AAA Album - Baby Steps, and Rock song "Late Nights"
• Won 2014 Artists In Music Award Composer of Year, Album of Year- Baby Steps
• 2014 Artists In Music Award 5 nominations – Best Rock, Best Singer/SongWriter, Composer of Year, Album of Year, Artist of Year
• Deli Best of NYC 2013 Emerging Artists Alt Rock – Top 9 Honorable Mention)
• Our song Late Nights featured in Canon Consumer Electronics Trade Show Commercial
Notable experiences in 2013:
• Opened for Jillian Jensen (X-Factor) at 89 North Music Venue (February 2013)
• Opened for Frankie Zulferino at the Highline Ballroom (February 2013)
• Performed on Balcony TV Charleston (February 2013)
• Were finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2013, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2013)
• Our music was accepted on Pandora
• Opened for the Wallflowers at Alive@Five in Stamford, CT (June 2013)
• Performed in “Make Music NYC” (June 2013)
• Ten Como Brothers songs were determined radio ready for CBS Radio's "Tomorrow's Hits Today” (July 2013)
• Performed for an A&R from A&M / Octone Records Showcase and received very encouraging and positive feedback (August 2013)
• Won 2013 Good Times Magazine - "Long Island Music Festival" (August 2013)
• Performed in the CBGB Festival on the ReverbNation Stage at Tammany Hall (October 2013)
• Opened for American Idol Winner, David Cook, at 89 North in Patchogue Long Island (October 2013)
• Performed in the Port Jefferson Music Festival (October 2013)
• Top 5 Pop Genre Finalist Show Me the Music Contest - song Straight Face (Nov 2013)
• Interviewed on CBS Sports Radio on the Darryn Yates Show
Notable experiences in 2012:
• In Phase I of the Hard Rock Rising Contest our song “I Don’t Like You” had the most number of downloads in the entire USA. (January 2012)
• Finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2012, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2012)
• Performed in the Montauk Music Festival (May 2012)
• Won 2012 Ernie Ball Battle – Played in Warped Tour at Nassau Veteran’s Coliseum (July 2012)
• Played the Nikon Jones Beach Theater Side Stage before Rachel Crow, Cody Simpson, and Big Time Rush (August 2012)
• Performed at Six Flags Great Escape in Lake George, NY (August 2012)
• Performed 35 shows in 2012 (Long Island & NYC at bars, town events, charity fundraising events, and festivals)
We aim to bring energy, excitement, and originality to the stage. We are very accessible - message us and we'll respond. We can’t wait to see you at our next gig!