Eyeshine is an American underground rock band formed in 2004 by front man Johnny Yong Bosch. In 2006, they found success with a unique blend of pop punk and post grunge called Edge Rock. The band gained a modest audience with its debut EP, 'How About That?', and their first full length album, 'Red Stripes White Lights'. But it was their sophomore effort, 'My Paper Kingdom', that achieved nationwide fame in 2009. The album featured their award-winning song "Alone" with its honest and simple lyrics making a connection with a steadily growing fan base. Since forming, the band has self-produced over 13 albums, including their current album, 'Sidewalk Dreams and Chalk Dust'.
They have been touring across the U.S. since 2006 and have also made their way to Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Brazil. The list of conventions and festivals the band has appeared at is extensive, including performance spots on Vans Warped Tour and Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival.
Of the many notable achievements, Eyeshine won the worldwide Ford sponsored competition "Gimme The Gig II” in May 2012. They then recorded their single “Stratosphere” and filmed a music video with the seven-time Grammy Award winning Producer Don Was and Krish Sharma. The recording process utilized a customized mobile studio built into a Ford Focus by “Mad” Mike Martin from 'Pimp My Ride'. West coast news stations affiliated with The CW TV Network filmed and aired the one-hour special.
- Won the worldwide Ford Sponsored Gimme The Gig II competition. (2012 - see above)
- Wrote original music for the video game "Crisis Heart Brawlers - Clash at Otakon" (Studio Nasu) Front man Johnny Yong Bosch also voices the main character "Hiroshi" (2012)
- Performed live on CW31 Good Day Sacramento on September 1st, 2012
- Performed live on the KTLA Morning show (affiliate of the CW Television Network) on July 20th, 2012
- Featured their album "Revolution Airwaves" in the Warped Tour Issue of A.P. (Alternative Press) Magazine. (2012)
- Performed and recorded "Love Psalm" in the Playstation Vita game "Silent Hill: Book of Memories." Which featured Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Akira Yamaoka. (2011)
- Front man Johnny Yong Bosch was featured in Alternative Revolt Magazine. (2011)
- Featured in the 2nd episode of international Korean TV show "Ba Ram Eh Shil Ryu" (Gone With The Wind) where they performed alongside the Korean pop-star Yim Jae Beom.
- Unsigned Contest Winner for AMP Magazine in 2011, which featured the band in issue #109 of Amp Magazine. (2011)
- Finalists in KROQ's Shot To Rock Competition. (Top 10 - 2011)
- Gimme the Gig Finalist (Top 7) Live on KTLA at the Whiskey A Go Go. (2010)
- "Alone" (Album "My Paper Kingdom") is awarded as one of Top 15 Most Played Indie Artist's songs by the IAIRA. (2010)
- Star 98.7 Rockstar Finalist (Top 10 - 2010)
- Star 98.7 Rockstar Finalist (Top 5 - 2009)
- "Alone" (Album "My Paper Kingdom") is awarded the Elfenworks Social Justice Award (2009)
- Campus Music Fest Los Angeles Finalist (Top 3 - 2009)
The band has been touring across the nation since 2006 and even making their way out of the country to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and set to tour Japan in 2013.
Eyeshine currently has an increasing popular YouTube documentary series that follows the band and their journey as an unsigned band. http://youtube.com/theeyeshineband