You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
"Cute Hat" EP - Released Mar 27! Get the unreleased song "Come Outside" and the first single here - http://www.thecranks.com/EmailSignup.html
The Cranks opened the WPI Big Spring Event for 3OH!3 in April, 2015.
Summer 2014: The Cranks opened the Paramore and Fall Out Boy show on Meadowbrook
Pavilion’s (NH) Magic Hat stage. Since then The Cranks crafted new songs for the “Cute Hat”
EP recorded at Rocking Horse Studio over 8 days in the brutal 2015 New England winter.
Produced by New England Music Awards’ 2015 Producer of the Year Brian Coombes, this
high energy blast of indie PopTernative originals packs the most Cranks punch of the band's 4
releases. Mastered by Dana White of Specialized Mastering (Jimmy Eat World).
The Cranks have played over 250 performances, won battles, recorded 2 full length CD’s, 2
EP’s, and attracted a fanbase of well over 2000 on Facebook and Reverbnation. Big dynamics, real instruments,
gripping melodies and Haley’s distinctive vocals (often related to Chrissie Hynde, Blondie)
translate to a captivating energy on stage that excites crowds of broad ages.
They rock, but aren’t angry about it.
Influences: The Strokes, The Hush Sound, Paramore, Two Door Cinema Club, Guster.
2014 - WINNERS OF THE 2014 RADAR award from the New England Music Awards and Pavoh for acts "on the rise" among 200 submissions.
2014 - The Cranks' "Orange" - ALBUM OF THE YEAR runner up by Limelight Magazine Music Awards
2013 - The Cranks released their 3rd CD "ORANGE", and were featured on COZI TV's "The Next Great Family Band" as one of 15 bands across the country picked to be the next sibling band like Oasis, Kings of Leon.
The Cranks spent their younger years as a cover band, and in 2009 recast themselves as an all-original 3-piece, winning their first battle of bands. It was clear they had a seed of something different to offer.
In May, 2011, The Cranks released their second CD; "Downside Up", an energetic batch of one-of-a-kind lyric themes and stick-in-your-head melodies that has been played on Boston’s WXRV 92.5 as well as several college radio stations.
Their Sound – 100% authentic - here's what people in the press say:
"...rattling off catchy and intelligent punk-influenced pop songs like afterthoughts. The Cranks have a real future. Downside Up is the proof." Wildy's World Blog 4 of 5 stars
“The Cranks not only display good taste in their musical inspiration but have the chops to make things happen for themselves… Haley's lead vocals sound as good, if not better, than singer's twice her age …”– Metronome Magazine 9/2010
“Haley is a triple threat of great vocals, song writing and guitar playing.” - Joyce Kulhawik (arts & entertainment anchor for Boston’s WBZ-TV News) 3/2010
2014 - CD "Orange" Album of the Year runner up from New England's Limelight Magazine
- Winner of New England Music Awards' "RADAR" award for rising artists under 21 in New England
2013 - Selected as one of 15 bands for the national show "The Next Great Family Band"
2012 Winner Westford Apple Blossom Festival battle of bands
- Winner Berklee College of Music Battle of HS Bands round 1 - (1 of 4 finalists from all New England)
-TCAN Berklee Showcase Semi-Finalist
- Music On & UP Hard Rock Showcase Finalist
- Winner of Music On & UP Hard rock Showcase "Greatest Potential" artist award
- 2nd of 10 bands @Harvard (MA) Fall Festival Battle
- Winner "Artist with Greatest Potential" Award & Finalist at Boston Hard Rock's Music on & Up Showcase
- Winner of Prelims - Finalist in TCAN/Berklee Showcase of High School bands (among 4 out of 50 submissions)
2011 Haley - winner of Berklee College of Music Summer Program Scholarship
- WINNER of Groton-Dunstable HS Battle of Bands
2010 - 2nd Place Merrimack, NH Rockin Ribfest Teen Band Competition
- Selected to play in Berklee School of Music Battle of High School bands
- 2nd Place GDHS battle of bands
- Selected and performed on Community Auditions Star of the Day, taking 2nd place
- Winner of Indian Hill Battle of (9) High School Bands
- 3rd Place in Milly’s Tavern (Manchester, NH) finals of 9 week battle of youth bands
2009: 2nd Place Tynsgboro Bicentennial Summerfest Battle of Bands
Beyond The Cranks
Alex and Haley each perform as soloists at the Nashoba Valley Ski Area’s summer