You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
itSELF is a brazilian death metal band created in 2005, initially by Ricardo Falcon (rhythm guitar), Estevan Furlan (drums) and lately three other members joined the group.
As time went by, approximately fifteen other musicians formed the band. Finally, in 2008 the group turned into a duo which it is until now, adding a third member only on live concerts.
With Ricardo on guitars and bass and Estevan on drums and vocals itSELF recorded their first CD, "Make my suffer short" (2009).
The record was mixed and mastered at Hertz Studio (Poland) and its artwork was made by Killustrations (Germany).
The originality of the album consists on bass solos of a great complexity (part of them recorded by Nilton Wood).
"These guys draw influence from just about everything creating a very technical blend of metal (...). The production is absolutely pristine with a fantastic blend of all instruments"
You can read on Brutalism.com (album rate: 5/5).
Due to an excellent reception in their homeland, after playing in brazilian Open Airs with bands such as Dismember, Sinister, Hate and Destroyer 666, itSELF decided to organize some gigs in Europe.
In October/November 2010 the band made two European tours with Khrophus (Brazil) and Slaughtering (Mexico).
In the spring 2012 they arranged another tour in Europe. They played 27 concerts in over 17 countries, including Russia, in only 60 days.
In the year 2013 the band played in Summer Festivals along Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Ukraine. Apart from that, started to record their 2nd album at Hertz Studio in Poland.
Currently the band is looking for new partnerships to release their new album.
Ricardo Falcon´s Bio:
- Guitarist since 1999.
- Has made various freelance jobs in studio since 2004.
- Guitar teacher since 2005.
- Graduated as audio engineer and ProTools operator in 2006.
- Graduated as Music Producer in 2008.
- Between 2008 and 2009 studied bass with Nilton Wood at EM&T - One of the biggest conservatory of Latin America.
- Recorded the album "Make my suffer short" with itSELF in 2009.
- In 2009 moved from São Paulo to Barcelona and started to cooperate as a booking manager with various bands and management companies.
- In 2010 made his first european tour with itSELF, extended to a second tour exclusively in Slovakia.
- In 2011 organised several tours in Europe for bands such as Nuclear, Amethyst, Torture Squad, Rezet, Inferia and Vomepotro.
- In 2012 made his 3rd european tour with itSELF playing in over 20 european countries. Performed some workshops too.
- In 2013 organised a European tour for Desecrated Sphere.
- In 2013 toured again with itSELF, playing on several open air festivals through Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Ukraine.
- In 2013/2014 worked for LABOGA CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS as an endorsed artist, promoting the brand in Europe with the band itSELF.
- In 2014 organised a European tour for Cardiac (BRA).
- At the moment composes the new album of itSELF which is in recording process at Hertz Studio in Poland and offers guitar classes in Wroclaw.
- Is currently endorsed by WACKEN FOUNDATION and ESP Guitars & Basses.