As far as music goes, I primarily consider myself a songwriter. I focus on, and enjoy creating, arranging, recording and performing my own original music. Check my live performance schedule at www.reverbnation.com/kevinscotthughes
Kevin Scott Hughes received a BS in Technology Education and a MEd, Master Teacher, from Central Washington University, after which he taught in public schools for 21 years. Kevin had also received his Journeyman Electricians' License prior to earning his college degrees. His largest long term musical influences have been:
• Taj Mahal, (Henry Fredericks) from his work in the early to mid-1970s. Kevin was fortunate to see Taj live a few times in the 70s. “He is an extremely authentic, talented and rhythmic being.”
• JJ Cale, for his authentic self and his ability to fuse jazz, pop and country seamlessly.
• Lucinda Williams, for her authentic influence and her great simple songwriting examples and skill.
Although Kevin is an:
• international music video award winner- Beat100.com
• has been #1 for years in Seattle for Singer-Songwriter on Reverbnation.com
• gets his music streamed more than 30,000 times per month on Spotify.com
He states that, "The biggest kick I get is writing a song, developing it, playing all the parts myself with multiple instruments, recording, editing and finally publishing to share with others. Someone said, "It's not the destination, but the journey. That's exactly how I feel about my involvement with music”.