Influenced by the roots of American and Caribbean music the Bullbuckers are Inspired by Boss Tunes, Irie Vibes, Soul, and Rock & Roll. The band has melded these bold, real, gritty, sounds into a cauldron of boiling sounds that is familiar yet distinctly their own.
The Bullbuckers have been performing throughout the mid-atlantic region for four years with over 300 festival and venue performances. The band released their debut CD in 2011 and are currently in pre-production for their second.
"I knew right away that The Bullbuckers were exactly what people mean when they say that "the cream always rises to the top."
- Senseitional, Reviews Editor, I AM ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE
“Enough Zip to get an entire bar moving”
-Fritz Hahn, THE WASHINGTON POST
“This is a band NOT TO MISS live. Give it a go, but be sure to catch them on tour, we will.”
-THE INDIE PULSE
"Those under the assumption that Reggae-inspired music has seen its apex, will find themselves quite wrong after a listen to The Bullbuckers. With a clear understanding of the genres they utilize, tight instrumentation and clever, approachable lyrical matter; they are carrying the torch for upbeat, fun, island-inspired music."
- Christopher West, SKOPE MAGAZINE
“the band honors the days when Jamaican Ska flowed out of tiny transistor radios from Montego Bay to Kingston. Ska music, with its chopped guitar chords, full organ notes and horn lines that act as harmony ruled Jamaica in the early ‘60’s.”
-Jacob Latham, THE ALTERNATE ROOT
"A fusion of soul-searing and foot-stomping music."
Joan Davis- THE EXAMINER
"(Bullbuckers) absolutely blew me away and I heard similar comments from other ska fans at the show. They were tight as hell and had such great energy! I'm now adding them to my "instantly blown away" bands list"
- Michelle Ska, NYCSKA.COM
"Easily, one of the most terrific sounding bands out there in the music scene, Bullbuckers has crafted several popular genres of musical influences into a powerhouse"
- Isaac Davis Junior, BGS, MBA, JUNIORS CAVE ONLINE MAGAZINE
“THE BULLBUCKERS got a lot of musical know-how and some get-up-and-go… a new era of raw punch in contrast to the synthesized pop of these times”
- ROCKWIRED MAGAZINE
“…infectiously happy. Do your soul a favor and try it on for size.”
— Matt Brunk, SLUG MAGAZINE
"Reputed as one of the best live bands around this band has been ripping up shows and gaining considerable respect on the east coast."
" If you have the opportunity to see The Bullbuckers play... definitely do it--you'll have a great time!"
- Steve Shafer, DUFF GUIDE TO SKA
"This six-piece group with a horn section is like the ultimate party band. Whether they are playing reggae or another style"
-Tish Michel, THE COCONUT TIMES, Ocean City
"Top-notch musicianship is a hallmark of The Bullbuckers."
-Roger Hillis, The Beach Comber and Delaware News Journal
“Vocalist Kevin Tarzanin really has an incredible voice... they easily invite the listener to a band that feels like they are the only one listening.”
-Melissa Kucirek HOT INDIE NEWS
"I Think the Bullbuckers are amazing and you can quote me on that!"
- Tiana Lewis, Tour Coordinator/Assistant Director JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING CONTEST
"These are excellent and outstanding results and scores from one entrant. There were over 6,000 entries this year ."
- Representative of the UK SONGWRITING CONTEST, UK
"The show (Trombone shorty at Bottle & Cork, Dewey Beach, DE) Came with local flare thanks to the Bullbuckers, one of Delaware's most revered original bands (who) opened the show with an energetic set that had the whole crowd swaying to their set with a crescendo, performing their upbeat album track, 'Don't You Know'."
- Lauren Frisby, SPARK MAGAZINE
"The Bullbuckers' Ska sound has propelled them to the top of the Delaware music scene."
- Matt Amis, OUT & ABOUT MAGAZINE, Wilmington
The album receiving accolades in four international songwriting contests (John Lennon Songwriting Contest, UK Songwriting Contest, The Great American Song Contest, & The Australian Songwriters Association) along with top honors in their region.
JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING CONTEST WINNER 2012: WORLD MUSIC CATEGORY: "Time"
* Judged by Sean Paul, Bob Weir, The Bacon Brothers, Jessica Jerrell, Fergie (of Black Eyed Peas), The Veronicas, Natasha Bedingfield, Jesse Harris.
UK SONGWRITER FINALIST IN TWO CATEGORIES 2012: BEST LOVE SONG "St. Patty's Day" & OTHER "Remedy"
* Judged by producers Kipper Eldridge (Sting), Stuart Epps (Elton John, Oasis), and Richard Niles (Paul McCartney).
THE GREAT AMERICAN SONG CONTEST FINALIST 2012: ALTERNATIVE/ROCK CATEGORY "St. Patty's Day"
* Judged by Robin Frederick — (Former Director of A&R for Rhino Records), Dennis R. Sinnott (director of EMI Music Publishing) Carla Starrett (Executive Director of SongLyricist.com), Brett Perkins (National Academy of Songwriters/ founder of Listening Room International Songwriter Retreats/ Copenhagen Songwriters Festival), Steve Cahill (Founder of Songwriters Resource Network), Pat & Pete Luboff (songwriters and authors of "88 Song Wrongs and How To Right Them" and "12 Steps To Building Better Songs.") H.R. Cook (director of Weaver Of Words Music (an affiliate of Bug Music Publishing), Rob Wright (Radio host and talent scout Rob (aka Mr. Raw) made his mark at Sony Music's A&R Department, the A&R Power summit and Urban Threshold TV), along with award winning songwriters.
BEST BAND, BEST LIVE ACT, BEST HORN SECTION, WSTW 93.7 Delaware Valley Hometown Heroes Awards 2012
WINNER OF THE SPARK MAGAZINE SUMMER SERIES
Debut CD "When Push Comes To Shove