You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Just like most of the greats, Audra’s love and push for music came from what she knew best – her family. Raised by her single-mother and grandmother in Richmond, Virginia, music was a great inspiration to Audra, especially when it comes to Jazz. Who knew that on October 4, 1989, Washington D.C. would birth a female wonder, Audra The Rapper.
Audra found ways to use her love for music for beneficial causes. She became highly recognized in Richmond, Virginia for the start of her charitable organization, “The Audra M Green Music For A Cause Foundation,” founded in 2007 at the age of 17. The foundation focuses on youth HIV/AIDS awareness/prevention and youth violence and teen pregnancy prevention.
Thus far, Audra The Rapper has achieved accolades such as:
•First Lady of Rick Ross's MayBach Music Group
• Featured in Source Magazine January 2011
• Featured in Ozone Magazine issue #81 January 2010
• Featured on MTV2's Sucker Free January 2011
• 2011 DMV Award winner for Virginia Female Rapper
• Song Writer of the Year in the categories of Hip/Hop and R&B for VH1’s Save The Music International Competition
• Toured at age 16 on an all female tour that touched various cities on the East Coast.
• Nominated for the DMV Entertainment Awards “Best Female Artist”
• Nominated 2 years consecutive years for the Southern Entertainment Awards
• Nominated for 2011 Southern Entertainment Awards for "Mixtape of The Year" for "Miseducation of Audra"
• Sharing stages with Rick Ross, Jada Kiss, MC Lyte, Lloyd, Keyshia Cole, to name to name a few
• Featured on BET’s “The Deal” March 2010, May 2010, July 2010
• 2 mixtapes and a 3rd one on the way
• Beat out 20+ contestants in a live rap competition held in NYC by Diesel Clothing Brand, Oct 2010
• Breakthrough Female Artist on WorldStarHipHop.com April, 21st 2010 with over 50,000 views