Asaf Fulks is a world renowned music producer, sound engineer, artist, songwriter, videographer, educator, entrepreneur and business owner originally from Chicago. He discovered his passion for music production during his college years studying Computer Science and Economics at Denison University in Ohio. He converted his dorm room closet into a recording booth and began to teach himself the craft of music making. Soon Asaf became a hub for recording within the school and surrounding Columbus area. After graduating in 2004, he moved to his family in Hollywood and eventually relocated to Orange County to work for a book publisher. His boss recognized his passion for music and encouraged him to set up a studio in his unused office space. With minimal gear and few contacts Asaf set up shop and The OC Recording Company opened its doors in 2005.
Asaf's first client D1, a rapper from Boston, was also new to OC, and together they completed projects with well-known rappers AZ and Royce D'59. Asaf helped D1 secure a record deal. It was a great start!
oc weekly Asaf Fulks West Coast Performer Article
Word of Asaf's talent spread and soon he was booked weeks in advance with a range of projects, from solo artists to full bands. He poured his earnings back into studio improvements and expansions. In 2007, he produced musicforte.com's song of the year for the Medallions, several of his artists won OCMA awards and he was featured in The OC Weekly. His first compilation album won him the title "Timbaland of the West Coast." By West Coast performer magazine.
Asaf Fulks Vol 1 Asaf Fulks Vol 2 Asaf Fulks Vol 3
Asaf continued to develop as a music producer and engineer. He received placements on feature films Adam Sandler's Chuck and Larry and Disney's Sorcerer's Apprentice. He composed scores for award winning films, radio shows and engineered for platinum and Grammy winning artists Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Tyga, Kendrick Lamar and others. Asaf’s third album released in 2011, featured the hit song ‘Breakout’, which become the theme song for The LA Clippers and St. Louis Cardinals. The song was also featured on ESPN Capital One Bowl, Showtime's The Franchise and Oxygen's Bad Girls Club.
Asaf became a Grammy voting member; AES member, Avid Pro Tools / Waves certified and received his US Patent for Microphone Stand Technology. In 2012 The OC Recording Company won The OC Weekly's Best of Award--Best Recording Studio in Orange County!
Compact Sound-Filtering Monitor and Microphone Stand
Asaf authored the book The Studio: Audio Engineering and Music Production Techniques. In 2013, after years of experience, he opened The OC Recording School: Audio Engineering and music Production Certificate Program, accredited by the NPSAG for The OC Recording School. Many of his students have gone onto successful careers in audio including Graduate student Carlos Almeida Jr. who earned a position in the sound department of major video gaming company Blizzard after graduating In The Studio with Asaf Fulks. Graduate student Josh Robin works alongside Asaf at OC Recording as a co-producer, songwriter, engineer and private tutor to students.
OCRS In The Studio Asaf Fulks
Starting with a dreamwith focus and persistent dedication, Asaf built not only a state-of the art recording studio, but a world-wide reputation for the mastery of his craft. He is also known as an inspiring mentor and for his calming demeanor, friendliness and professionalism. His goal is to continue to produce cutting edge music, develop innovative studio technology, provide clients with the high quality recordings and help his students succeed.
In 2014, Asaf mixed and mastered three #1 hit records written by Meghan Trainor: "Your Turn" and "Before You Go" by Common Kings and "Flava" by Tenelle. In 2015 Asaf produced the song Get Down for Whosoever South which reached the Billboard Christian Rock charts! 2015 also marked OC Recording's 10 year anniversary. In honor of this milestone, Asaf completely remodeled Studio A.
In 2016, Asaf released two of his own singles Down With The King and Cry For You off his debut solo album OC Express!
Cry For You Asaf Fulks
- Boiling Pot - Voice over Recording for Danielle Fishel (Recording & Engineering), Omar Ashmawey
- Fool Circle - Winner of Cannon and Vimeo's Story Behind the Still (Film Scoring, Foley), Marc Jonathan DeJesus
- Disney Sorcerer's Apprentice - My Hero (Recording, Mixing & Mastering), Jon Turteltaub
- Adam Sandler's Chuck and Larry - 'Bend Yo Wrist' by My T (Recording & Engineering), Dennis Dugan
- The Heart Specialist - 'Once Upon My Life' by Mona Lisa (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), Dennis Cooper
- The Los Angeles Clippers - 2012 Theme Song (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), The Los Angeles Clippers
- The St. Louis Cardinals - 2012 Home Game Theme (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), The St. Louis Cardinals
- Bad Girls Club : New Orleans - Theme Song (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), Oxygen
- The Franchise - Breakout Song used in show (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), Showtime
- Common Kings - 'Before You Go' (Mixing & Mastering), Sony Music, Written by Meghan Trainor
- Common Kings - 'Kingdom Come' (Mixing & Mastering), Sony Music, Written by Meghan Trainor
- Common Kings - 'Sickness' (Mixing & Mastering), Sony Music
- Tenelle - 'Flava' (Mixing & Mastering), Reed Entertainment
- Common Kings - 'Your Turn' (Mixing & Mastering),Sony Music
- Matt Allenn - 'Rush' (Recording, Mixing & Mastering), The OC Recording Company
- Judge Jim Gray - 2012 Presidential Campaign Theme Song (Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), Libertarian Party
- My Hero - 'Breakout' (Music Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), The OC Recording Company
Skylar Stecker - 'Back Around' (Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering), The OC Recording Company