You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
That uncanny ability to excite the denim wearing headbangers, the bearded horn-rimmed hipsters and the pierced and dyed Hot Topic rockers has helped ICARUS WITCH break away from the young metal pack as they win over fans world-wide opening for acts as diverse as Black Sabbath, Coheed & Cambria, Cinderella, Otep, Winger, Fuel, Y&T, Yngwie, Trouble, Candlemass, Kamelot, Doro and Twisted Sister, to name just a few.
This Independence Day will be the most explosive yet as we celebrate the "New Revolution" and ICARUS WITCH breaks new ground on RISE with a new singer, new drummer, new 2nd guitarist, new logo, new producer and a fresh new brand of metal that is so full of massive guitars and catchy choruses, you'll be singing along on your first spin!
Formed in 2003, Icarus Witch came together out of a shared passion for classic heavy music with a goal of creating the ultimate melodic rock/traditional metal hybrid to bridge the words of modern and vintage. Since that time the prolific band has:
• Toured North America 3 times traveling over 30,000 miles in the past 2 years including 2 tours as both direct support and backing band for Iron Maiden vocalist, Paul DiAnno!
• Played festivals and tours everywhere from Europe and Canada to Puerto Rico, New York and Hollywood!
• Had stars like Joe Lynn Turner (Deep Purple/Rainbow), George Lynch (Dokken) & Michael Romeo (Symphony X) guest on Icarus Witch albums!
• Been featured in magazines such as Outburn, Revolver, Classic Rock, Metal Hammer, Metal Edge, Metal Maniacs, Brave Words, Noizz Eater, Rock Hard and many more!
• Been played on Headbanger's Ball as well as charting in the top 40 Loud Rock radio charts!
• Been endorsed by world class manufacturers such as Fender, Jackson, Seymour Duncan, Markbass & Dean Markley!
• Released 5 CDs internationally on Cleopatra Records!
At press time, the boys are preparing to tour on a career changing album that is going to surprise and excite fans of modern rock, melodic AOR and dark traditional metal.
Upon reviewing RISE for the first time, long time metal industry vet Andrew "Drewcifer" Sample proclaimed:
"The new album is easily their strongest release, and one the rest of the melodic metal world will hold in very high regards!"