Blackbird Pond is from Norfolk, Virginia (USA). Songwriting, storytelling and rhythm are their core, and the "Blues" is the sound they love! So the band modified it and called it, “Mod-Blues” (aka Modified-Blues) by adding Psychedelic-Groove and Indie-Acoustic to the mix to produce unique scores of catchy songs and electrifying performances over the past few years. Their most memorable are:
- Legendary Sturgis “Buffalo Chip,” Sturgis, SD: Played for a week at the largest bike rally in the world by the request of the founder.
- Opened for Aerosmith, Toby Keith, 10,000 Maniacs, Buckcherry, and Hinder.
- A cappella performance at Madison Square Garden for the New York Music Conference
- Opening the John Lennon Music Contest at the Dewey Beach Music Festival
- East Coast Surfing Competition (ECSC) in Virginia Beach, VA
- Performing for hundreds at UCLA’s Royce Hall in Los Angeles, CA
- Headlining Harley-Davidson’s 105th Birthday Bash
- Their stirring Capitol Hill show in Washington, DC
- Receiving standing ovations from playing venues in New York City, southern Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and throughout Virginia.
Blackbird Pond is from Norfolk, Virginia and they are one of the most prolific bands in the Hampton Roads Virginia music scene.
"Listeners get stimulated hearing this unusual Rock, Alternative, Soul mixture..."
- THE WASHINGTON POST
At first glance, Blackbird Pond may seem like a bunch of naive college kids looking to play there melody-maker covers. Then... comes Luisa, a sassy, sultry-sophisticated vocal, a caffeine buzz Nina Simone…can you imagine? She’s small, but when revved-up, comes a raspy powered engine goddess sent voice.
"This Is New. Powerful! I Like This!"
- CHRIS CARTER, DJ, Y-107, LOS ANGELES, CA
Blackbird Pond have made listeners enjoy staying for their whole performance with their “original” style and their own versions of popular covers.
Official Website: www.BlackbirdPond.com