VanDeRocker has been recognized as one of the most eclectic and most promising alternative rock bands LA has heard in ages. Lead vocalist and songwriter, Adrienne (pronounced Audrey Yen), was raised in a family of classical and rock musicians. At 12 years of age, Adrienne began performing as a vocalist for her sister's rock band which led to nonstop experiments with in the musical and performance art world.
Unsigned and unrepresented, VDR singlehandedly and significantly managed to push the envelope for emerging artists.
In a year and a half VDR:
- gained over 14k followers on social media
- played repeatedly at historic venues such as House of Blues, The Viper Room, The Roxy, and The Mint
- was invited to play several festivals around the world including two stages at SXSW in 2013
- was invited to give multiple radio interviews as well as a live performance on KXLU.
- began making a record with world class talents from acts such as Jane's Addiction, Avenged Sevenfold, Patti Smith, Paramore, and Dr. Dre.
- while still in production on the album, licensed a single for an AT&T commercial.
- while still in production on the album, began receiving nationwide radio play on several singles.
- released two music videos, one of which was directed by world renowned music video auteur, Matt Mahurin.
That was with Adrienne managing herself along with writing, performing, and all the other little jobs in-between. Imagine what could be accomplished with the right team in place to really market and represent VDR, thus allowing Adrienne to focus her energies to writing, recording, and performing.
The music is tremendously diverse, offering an amazing listening experience for any music lover. Several tracks can be heard on Itunes and Amazon.com. More information can be found at www.VANDEROCKER.com