Dutch Singer, Rapper, Songwriter Yassir (Aka Yassir Arsalan) was born on May 7th 1996 and of Moroccan Parentage. He started singing at age 12 having drawn inspirations from artist like Chris Brown, Usher, Justin Bieber and Mindless Behaviour. In 2009 he entered the Dutch Junior Eurovision Song Contest at age 13, but unfortunately he did not make it to the finals and then spent two years reinventing himself as a dancer and singer. His appetite for stardom saw him making a second attempt in 2011 at age 15, where he earned second place with the song ‘Beautiful’.
In 2012 Yassir became signed to SIVA Entertainment and Media Solutions. Yassir’s natural showbiz talent continues to impress every person who crosses paths with him and 6 months on he is proving a successful outcome. He has been fortunate to gain advice from music giants such as Vada Nobles (Lauryn Hill, Rihanna, John Legend), Eddie Wenrick (Akon’s Hitlab former CEO) and Russ Regan former president of Universal Music and Capitol Records.
“It’s been such a life changing experience, I have learnt that success is driven by passion and maintained through collaborative team effort. I have a long road ahead of me and I am determined to follow in the footsteps of my icon Chris Brown!” Yassir July 2012.
High points for Yassir
• Came second in Holland’s Junior Song Festival at the age of 15
• Signed to SIVA Media Group (SIVA Music)
• Signs up to a one year development program
• Made history yesterday as the fastest rising 16 year old in Reverbnation across all genres and was featured on the front page from the 25th of June to the 2nd of July 2013 reaching the number 1 spot on the 27th of June
• Supported by Akon's former Business Partner Eddie Wenrick and Russ Regan former president of Universal Music and Capitol Records
• His debut single Hurricane notched up 80K approx views on youtube in just 3 months
• Hurricane received support from 35 Djs, 25 Radios Stations Globally, over 3000 crowd reviews
• He was approached my Michael Copon of "Scorpion King" and Power Rangers fame to co-star in a movie he is working on
• Performed at Herts Pride London to an audience of 5000 and received standing ovation that lead to him being booked to two stages on the same day (the only artist to received such a request on the day)
• Appeared on Ben TV in aid of Meningitis on behalf of Gele Tea Fashions
• Performed at the London Hilton Hotel at the Gele Tea fashions in aid of Meningitis
• Came second runner up GLAM’s future Icon out of 1.6 million artist
• Was mentored by award winning producer Vada Nobles (Rihannah Pon De replay, John Legend, Lauren Hills Mis Education)