PRO DRUMMER w/Back-up Vox for PRO BAND
William N. Ryland - Professional Drummer
Professional and experienced drummer, looking for a full-time project. Currently available to do "for-hire" work, but ultimately looking to join a full-time regional/national band or artist to support exclusively.
I am also available for "last minute" sub/fill-in work. I am totally capable of walking on stage with perfect strangers and putting on a great show!
Drumming is my full-time job ... my life. This is not a hobby.
My preferred genre is along the lines of Americana/Red Dirt/Alt-Country/Folk/Indie/Rock/Funk. I am interested in playing your original material. But, I also enjoy covers for live performances.
• Background Vocals.
• Can play to a click track.
• Perfect, natural timing.
• Tasteful, "In The Pocket" style of playing.
• Carries the beat with authority, allowing others to relax into the groove with confidence and ease.
• Appropriate fills - no over-playing.
• All genres, except Punk or Metal.
• Started playing professionally at the age of 15.
• Vintage 1970's Ludwig 4-piece: beautiful, natural Maplewood finish (yellow); well cared for and preserved.
• Sounds great live, as well as in the studio.
• Very modern sound, but can tune drums to produce Retro, Vintage, Americana or Rootsy vibes.
• Pro-level Zildjian and Sabian cymbals.
• Full use of accessories: producing tasty Roots-Rock sounds with brushes, rods, shakers, High-Hat tambourine, cowbell and cymbal sizzle chains.
• Handy smart phone apps: recording rehearsals & gigs for review, mp3 player, click/metronome, set list app, etc.
• 30 years experience.
• Healthy Mentally, Physically and Spiritually.
• Dealt with demons; healed emotional baggage; no interpersonal issues; works well with others.
• Always maintains a positive attitude; smiles a lot; enjoys all of life; has fun; is happy!
• No gossiping or complaining; solution-oriented; takes full responsibility (no victim stance).
• Alcohol and drug-free.
• Currently living in Dallas, but willing to travel to out of town gigs, tour, or relocate for the right team.
• Self-employed; able to manage my business on the phone while touring.
• Reliable vehicle.
• Single, no kids, no strings tying me down.
Here are some samples of my playing (not "professional quality" recordings) ... mostly improv, open jams and band rehearsals.
They were not originally intended to showcase my abilities for a resume. So, they hardly show the full extent of my abilities ...
My Reverb Page ...http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/williamryland
More videos ...
- Too many to list! Various bands over the years ... mostly Classic Rock, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Blues, Dance, Country, Grunge, Funk and Jam Band.
Here are some bands that are still online ...
- Voodoo Blue http://www.texasflood.net/fr_home.cfm
- Swine Cadillac https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/device/mp3/store/album/B000S580TA/highlight:B000S4N00K
- The Hippy Nuts http://www.thehippynuts.com/
- Jason Cloud Band http://www.jasoncloudband.com/
- Blackfoot Caroline http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/BlackfootCaroline
- The Luke Wyldmon Band http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/lukewyldmon
- Iron Belly OD http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/ironbellyod
Please feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested.
William N. Ryland
PS: If you already have a drummer, please save my contact info. It's always smart to have a good back-up drummer in case of emergencies. And, I'm a quick study!