FRANK MARTIN GILLIGAN
THINGS MIGHT HAVE WORKED OUT VERY DIFFERENTLY for Frank if he had
stayed in Bayside, Queens, New York, where he was born and
raised, but instead…Texas happened.
When Frank moved to Beaumont, Texas, in 1975, he formed MASON DIXON, a Texas vocal group that enjoyed a long
touring and recording career, with 13 Billboard singles.
Some highlights of Frank's career as lead singer with Mason Dixon include
• NINE STRAIGHT NATIONAL NUMBER 1 RECORDS on the Independent Country Music Charts
• Voted CASHBOX Magazine “Independent Vocal Group of The Year 1987”
• Selected for the 1985 “New Faces Show” in Nashville
• Wrote and recorded a coveted “Don't Mess With Texas” radio spot 1986
• # 5 CMT hit video with the group's signature song “When Karen Comes Around”
• Filmed a 1987 Christmas special with Charlie Daniels on the stage of The Grand Ole Opry
• One of the first musical acts to be sponsored by JUSTIN BOOTS
Mason Dixon stopped touring in 1993, and Frank returned to Houston and put music aside for some time. That
might have been the end of a long run had it not been for a bout with cancer in 2009. Unable to play guitar due
to nerve damage, Frank realized that he wasn't finished making music. When his hands came back, a bunch of great songs came with them. Back to the studio and the stage after the long hiatus.
Here's what's happening NOW with Frank
2015 Wildflower Arts & Music Festival
2014 KERRVILLE NEW FOLK SONGWRITER WINNER, chosen from 32 writers from across the US
2013 Songwriter Serenade Competition winner chosen from 110 writers.
• Founding member of the Great Recession Orchestra, an all-star Texas band honoring the roots of Western Swing
• Awarded a showcase at the International Folk Alliance in Kansas City February 2014
Frank Martin Gilligan today is making himself known again in Texas music circles and for the first time in songwriting circles. he's and old-timer and a new voice at the same time! Come see and hear for yourself.