Manifest Frequency is a female duo, who's haunting & darkly beautiful music is a TripHypnotic, Rock-Injected fusion of bass driven melodies, downbeat rhythms & ethereal vocals. The debut album takes you from vulnerable introspection to hard-rocking defiance while the coolest of grooves keeps you hanging on until the last note. Since inception MFQ gained immediate attention winning awards & performing at major music fests & notable venues across the country.
Originally conceived by Dawn in 2004 while living in Atlanta, GA, Manifest Frequency underwent several changes in membership. However, in 2008 the co-owner (Christine Solly) of Dawn's publishing company, Frequency Rising Music, officially joined Dawn as a performing member. Although Manifest Frequency only consists of two individuals and multiple instrumentation is clearly heard on every track, MFQ's live show is not simply a performance of previously recorded loops. Instead, it is a careful choreography of real time recording and live looping with tight synchronization between bass and guitar.
In early 2008, the duo moved back to Dawn's hometown in Hickory, North Carolina to help care for Dawn's elderly father in end-stage cancer & to focus solely on arranging & writing new music featuring Manifest Frequency as a duo. During this time, Dawn received a career threatening injury to her left hand requiring multiple surgeries and over a year of rehab.
The duo officially began performing again in late 2009 and moved to Asheville, NC in 2010. Much of 2011 was spent in the studio honing new songs for live performance. In 2012, they began receiving attention as upcoming Asheville performers to watch and have been asked to participate in several upcoming artist showcases.
Awards & Recognition:
1. SonicBids & Spearhead Audio National Contest Winner
Awarded for "composition and recordings well beyond most of the acts found on Sonicbids, or out in the music scene in general" & for proven dedication toward professional goals. Professional audio mastering for debut full length CD
2. 2006 Southern Voice Reader's Choice for Best Female Musicians in Atlanta. Editor's Choice: Amy Ray
3. Octobertunes/RCD Music Licensing Deal
4 National Finalist in Curly Girlz Hip Clipz artist search!
Sponsored by CoverZone, Demology, Daisy Rock, Gogirlsmusic.com
& Curly Girlz, an all girl skateboard company that endorses artists like Cyndi Lauper, Plain White Ts and Fall out Boy
5. "Nurture" from debut release is featured for the 2007 GoGirlsMusicFest CD to benefit animal rescue organizations nationally.
7. National anti-drunk driving campaign from Ground Control features "Nurture" on compilation CD (www.illuminarecords.com)
8. "Masquerade" from the 2007 release featured on the rock compilation CD from "IndieMusic for Life" benefitting cancer research. This is an annual project through Indiegrrls Music.
9. Artist Endorsement with Daisy Rock Guitars (2005)
The debut CD, The Deconstruction of Dr. Dawn, is now available on itunes, Rhapsody, eMusic, Napster, & Amazon