You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Sinking in deep with an unforgettably addictive sting, Stormy Strong's (real name) unique brand of "alternative saltwater rock" casts razor sharp hooks to the hungry masses. Stormy's honest bitter lyrics, raw emotion and anthemic melodies splice seamlessly with award winning song-writing that is fast approaching gale-force intensity.
Stormy's brand new EP "Take Her Down," recently recorded with music industry icons Lyle Workman (Frank Black, Sting, Todd Rundgren, Beck), Sean Beavan (Black Veil Brides, Guns N' Roses, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails), Tim Narducci (Systematic, Spiral Arms) and Chris Manning (Jellyfish), is already making waves across the internet.
The album's single "Jumpstart The Heart" was chosen as #1 in "Rick's Picks 2012" on Chicago's renowned "The Best Radio YouHave Never Heard" podcast, which also included songs from Smashing Pumpkins, Regina Spektor, Arcade Fire and Rage Against The Machine. Plus Stormy's unique cover of The Pixies, “Where is My Mind?” has been popular on iTunes, Spotify, Rdio, Mog and iHeart Radio.
Stormy has shared the stage with Blink-182, Bouncing Souls, No Use For A Name, Good Riddance, Dropkick Murphys, and Lagwagon. He is currently performing shows with his four piece band around the Bay Area including:
- Long Beach Zombie Fest (Guinness Book,12k zombies!) 2013
- Alameda County Fair Fourth of July 2013
- Int'l Pop Overthrow Festival SF 2013
- Santa Cruz Music Festival 2013
- Barb Rocks B-Day Bash 2013
- California Lawyers for the Arts Music Seminar Jan 2013
- Monterey Bay Pop Festival Revival 2012
- Numerous upcoming shows in the Bay Area (www.stormystrong.com)
Stormy has won a number of accolades from his first Self Titled CD EP:
- Winner DiscMakers Songwriting Competition 2008
- Winner Indie Songwriting Competition 2008
- Winner Billboard World Songwriting Contest 2007
- Winner Great American Songwriting Contest 2007
- Winner Taxi Hollywood Road Rally awarded personally onstage by hit producer Michael Lloyd 2006