“Tampa Bay’s most seasoned and professional original singer/songwriter.” – MusicTampaBay.com
Indie recording artist singer/songwriter, Fremont John has released 5 CDs on his record label, Aims High Music, His song, “The Eagle”, from his most recent CD, “Contrarian’ has been selected as Runner Up in the 2015 Song of the Year international songwriting contest. The CD, “Contrarian”, was submitted to the 2014 Grammy Awards making it to the coveted pre-nom list from which the Grammy nominees come. In addition to songwriting, arranging, recording, this very busy musician and his signature blue Taylor 614CE guitar have logged over 3500 live performances since 2000. He performed at most venues in Key West, where he is a former resident He has played many venues along Florida’s gulf coast on up to Michigan and points in between to include Atlanta, Louisville, Cleveland, Grand Rapids and Chicago in the pubs and clubs, craft breweries, festivals, house concerts, casinos, performing arts centers and, theaters.
People hearing Fremont John just know by his polished sound that he has played with the greats. Vocally, they hear Roy Orbison, John Fogerty or Rob Thomas. His guitar sound is as pleasing and readily identifiable as that of Carlos Santana and is often compared to the great Latin guitarist. Once you’ve heard Fremont’s guitar you don’t have to see him to know it’s him playing.
Having been independent for all of his career, never a side-man, Fremont has had the privilege and honor to record and perform with some of the best of the best to include members of such bands as Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Jeff Beck, Lou Reed, Bruce Springsteen, The Band, Heart, Pat Benatar, Cold Play, The Stones, Uptown Horns and many more. He has also shared the stage with Grammy songwriters like Tia Sillers, (There’s Your Trouble & I Hope You Dance), Chuck Cannon (How Do You Like Me Now) and Mark Selby (Blue On Black) to name a few.
Additional points of interest for Fremont John include:
• "The 2015 Song of the Year songwriting contest awarded Fremont John Ashton Runner Up placement. Song of the Year receives entries from all over the world and only the top songwriters receive a Runner Up placement in the songwriting competition.”
• Voted #1 Singer/Songwriter in 2014 Tampa Bay Artist’s Poll @ musictampabay.com
• Contrarian" CD was submitted to 2014 Grammys making it to the pre-nom list
• Climbed to #5 Indie Artist - USA 2015 and 2014 per ReverbNation Chart. Other RN rankings include:
• #1 Indie Artist, Tampa Bay market, 2011 to present
• #1 Indie Artist, Grand Rapids, MI market, 2014
• #2 Jazz Artist, Tampa Bay, for all of 2009 & 2010, only behind Chick Corea
• #1 Americana Artist, Tampa Bay, 2008
• 3 CDs of music currently airing on Pandora Radio,
• Interviewed by Patrick McCarty on nationally syndicated radio show, 27MM weekly listeners, spring, 2014