Martiria was formed back in the '80s. At the beginning the band was very much oriented towards Doom/Metal sounds such as: early Candlemass and Black Sabbath. After releasing just a few demos and featuring various musicians, in 1998 the members of the group decide to take a break for a while in order to experience different projects.
A few years later, in November 2003, the guitarist and composer Andy "Menario" contacts (with help of Bill Tsamis - Warlord) Rick Anderson (aka Damien King III), ex Warlord's singer, and the great melodic and powerfull voice of Rick becomes the key of caratheristics and superlative sound of the band.
In the same year, Andy knows Marco R. Capelli, italian writer and poet, who, since then, writes the lyrics of all Martiria's songs.
The band goal is, starting from a very classic epic metal sound, to create a new style able to get the listener involved by heavy riffs and grooves to be shared with acoustical atmospheres featuring ancient and classical instruments leading to traditional melodies.
In 2012 two important changes take place: in order to allow the band to increase live exhibitions Rick Anderson and Andy Menario decide to divide temporarily their ways and a new singer, Flavio Cosma, join the group.
Then, in late 2012, the great drummer Vinny Appice (ex Black Sabbath, Dio, founder of Kill Devil Hill) accepts to be part of the new CD that should be released by the end of 2013.
The result is a mix of different styles, atmospheres and nuances that make MARTIRIA a unique band.
* 2004 - The Eternal Soul (Hellion Records BR)
* 2005 - The Age of the Return (Underground Symphony IT)
* 2008 - Time of Truth (Underground Symphony IT)
* 2011 - On the Way Back (My Graveyard Productions IT)
* 2012 - Rome S.P.Q.R. (My Graveyard Productions IT)
2013 Line UP:
* Andy "Menario" Menarini (guitarist, composer)
* Derek Maniscalco (bass)
* Flavio Cosma (singer)
* Vinny Appice (ex Black Sabbath, Dio, founder of Kill Devil Hill - drummer)
* Marco R. Capelli (Lyrics)