You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
NEW EP IS OUT NOW: Released in Nashville July 8
Free download here-http://noisetrade.com/pawnshopsaints
No computers, Pro Tools, or Auto tuners are used, nor will they ever be used in recordings.
Pawn Shop Saints play their self-described "Hard Dirt Americana" that has a sparser, harder, and darker rural feel than most Americana genres.
Think along the lines of Welch/Rawlings, but with a slighter edge and hint of Steve Earle....or so we've been told.
Based in Berkshire County, the PSS are led by Jeb Barry, formally of the 1980s-1990s power pop group The Typicals (which received major label interest) are back after several years of solo projects.
Barry has written over 3000 songs in his career. Often the songs are recorded live with two microphones, usually in one take, and they include mistakes and all are included.
1. Released the EP..."Dead Broke and Dangerous"
Airplay on dozens of radio stations...and not just internet ones...
2. Co-wrote a song with Jason Isbel...solo artist, AMA awards nominee, and past member of the Drive By Truckers.
3. Performed at the John Street Jam, Saugerties, NY
4. Nashville Tour....Several dates including the Commodore and the Bluebird Cafe's Sunday Songwriter Showcase
4. Hudson Music Fest in Hudson, NY
5. Club Passim's Camp Fire Fest in September
1. Jeb was a finalist in the Early Bird round of the 2011 Mountain Stage NewSong Contest
2. Invited to the Bluebird Cafe's Sunday Night Songwriter Showcase.
3. Played Club Helsinki at the Hudson Music Fest.
4. Performed at Fodfest 2011 (Now called "Music In Common")
6. Featured on several internet shows, blogs, and radio, and also local festivals and shows
1. Made the final consideration for the final round for the
Mountain Stage New Song Contest.
2. We were selected to be part of Trooptunes..supplying iPods and music to hospitalized soldiers...thanks for the heads up Drive By Truckers!!
3. We were the featured artist on the weekly Areacast webcast and a top artist and songs for the R&R World Song Chart for Alt-Country for four weeks in December. (This is a Great Britain based site)
4. We were a top pick for the year on Patty Seifert's 411 music show on the Berkshire’s own WBCR in Great Barrington, Massachusetts
5. We were the featured guest live on WBCR's Roadhouse Radio Show with Todd Lewis.