You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Chokeslam is a Rebel Metal Band from Chattanooga, TN.
Playing what they call "rebel metal," the band puts on a full furious assault on their audience, taking no prisoners. -Dave Weinthal from Enigma magazine
They are working on their third full- length studio album. Side projects are also in the works. You can purchase Chokeslam music via internet outlets such as Amazon and Facebook. Chokeslam has performed at major festivals including Milwaukee Metalfest and Riverbend. Chokeslam also graced the stage in premier venues such as Masquerade, Exit/In, Rhythm-n-Brews, Hard Rock Cafe, and The Nick.
Chokeslam has been voted Best Metal Band in 2003, 2004, and 2005 by their fans at the CIA Music Awards.
· Chokeslam:s/t- Self-proclaimed as "Rebel Metal," these guys blend death and hardcore like Propain meets Oppressor. Short Stacks- Metal Maniacs Magazine
· Chokeslam Hillbilly- On Hillbilly, their sophomore album, the band has evolved—both lyrically and musically—since their 2001 self-titled debut. Like the seasoned vets they are, they just keep getting better and rocking harder. This bone-jarring record begins with the hard-hitting title track—a blunt and to-the-point metal song about being a country boy. “Roll On You (Brainscar)” uses more than a few riffs to thump your eardrums. Hillbilly also features a cover of Charlie Daniels’ “The Legend of Wooley Swamp” on steroids. Rounding out the album is “Cigarette Pack,” a deliciously heavy song that I grew to like at Chokeslam shows before this disc was released, and loved even more after hearing it recorded. CD Review by Eric Turner- Pulse magazine
· The music world has been needing this for awhile. Not a generic offspring like so many others but a fresh batch of metal. An excellent live band with scream-style and growling vocals. This is a must-own for metal fans. Chug beer and display the sign proudly. Bobby - Boggob magazine
· These guys land on the hard side of the nu metal scene. Chokeslam could so easily be the opening act for Mudvayne and the like. They would fit right in. They've got the talent, the love for the music, the ability to crank out crunchy grooves and catchy percussion. The vocalist will lead you into his rage and surprise you with some versatility. In at least one spot he adds, dare I say it, almost a slightest little tad of musicalness to his cough drop vocals. At any rate, this metal act reaches out to the aggressor while maintaining accessibility. Good job. CD Review by Upchuck Undergrind- Fishcomcollective.net
· I have to tell you. I got my money's worth on this one. These guys have the raw energy that makes a great band and the technical skills to back it up. Props to the boys on a great effort. 5 f'ing stars to ya! -Customer review from Amazon.com- Lucky 13.
· Chokeslam – The name says it all. They’re about as heavy as it gets! (This is not your Daddy’s rock ‘n’ roll). Riverbend Festival-2004
· · Chokeslam tend to strike quick. Generally, a short intro will lead into Gray's intense screaming. The first few tracks ("The Reaper Man", "Bluh", and "FRVP") are the best. -Brett VanPut from Transcending the Mundane
This guy sums it up effectively:
· Chokeslam is a rocking metal band with a lead vocalist like Lemmy from Motorhead. Great arrangements and melodies with gritty, nasty rock vocals. Reminds me of Metallica before they became wusses. There is always a groove, guitar pick squeals, hard distortion and 100% rock. Headbang to these guys now before they get on Fuse with Juliya and they play Ozzfest. Review by Drumdocz- Sonicbids