Starr Media Group (S.M.G) is much more than a record label. We are a creation 20 years in the making. Created by Andre Davis and Ron Clark . S.M.G. is the place where a talented artist, be it an emcee, singer, producer or model, can be given the special attention which actually makes them a star. By utilizing already established industry relationships that range from multi- Grammy Award winners to the indusry's next best secret and capitalizing on our "sleep when you die" work ethic, we at S.M.G. are proud of the fact "We Build Stars". At a point in music history when the future of Hip-Hop seems bleek. Starr Media Group has chosen to take it upon themselves to guide the industry back to a time when Hip-Hop and R&B was actually about the music. Working closely with the artists and the producers in an Artist Development role has proven to be very important in the growth of our artists and for the company as a whole. We feel that the music industry has strayed away from those basic elements that are necessary to develop an artist with raw talent and groom them into the Star they are destined to become. We are not trying to re-invent the wheel we are just revisiting the corporate tactics and shrewd business decisions made by the Pioneers of Hip-Hop as a business. We at Starr Media Group realize that " you must know where you came from in order to get to where your going." That's why we found it imperative to follow and study the business dynamics of some of the greatest corporate minds of our lifetime. Starr Media Group has accepted the daunting task of building a label from the ground up.
Feature artist on Reverbnation.com home
• MTV “Needle in the Haystack” Artist of the week
• Ourstage.com featured artists.
• Starr Media Group's song “The Future” features on MTV “Taking the Stage” episode #212
• Released Love Life & Loyalty Vol 1 Mixtape with 10,000 downloads
• Song of the week two times in a row on TJ Chapman Music Review.
• Featured in Hip Hop Weekly Magazine
• Featured on AOL music websites main page.
• Starr Media Group's hit single “Warning” was featured on Microsoft Windows
• Three time Underground Music Award Winners for “Song of the Year”.
• Featured on Yoraps.com “NEXT 2 BLOW”
• Top 60 charts Masspool #4.
• Featured on the Breeding Ground Allhiphop.com.
• Heater of the week Allhiphop.com 2 x.
• Starr Media's Group Trillogy is on the front page of Serato new music listing.
• Featured live via the web on Jamnow.com.