Amanda McCarthy is a multi-genre singer/songwriter from the greater Boston area. She has released two EP's of her original work, and she has won many awards for her songwriting since her first win in 2011 at the age of 17.
You'll find Amanda playing a solo acoustic set, duo style, or with a full band. On rare occasion, you may even catch her playing piano, ukulele, or a variety or percussion instruments! Playing old favorites and always showcasing new material, her sound and style centers around the pop genre, but each individual song combines elements from other genres including alternative, rock, country, indie, and hints of blues.
- Opening for well acclaimed acts like Jason Lancaster (of Mayday Parade), Hawthorne Heights, IM5, SayWeCanFly, Alex Preston (3rd place American Idol), Jillian Jensen (American Idol/X Factor) and many more.
- Venues including Disney's Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney (Orlando), Six Flags Theme Parks (New England & NY), Hard Rock Cafe (Boston), The Bitter End (NYC), the regionally iconic Sea Shell Stage (Hampton Beach, NH) and many more.
- Main stage performer at First Night Boston 2016 in Copley Square
- "Elephant in the Room" named the winner of the It's All About The Song competition at the Southern New England Music Expo in 2015
- Singing the National Anthem at events televised live on ESPN
- Contestant on Community Auditions: Star of the Day in 2015 - Voted into the Finals
- Being chosen to play at JeepFest, sponsored by Boston's hit radio station Kiss 108 in 2014
- Named Singer/Songwriter of the Year at the Limelight Music Awards in 2013
- "Sticks and Stones" named Runner-Up Song of the Year at the Limelight Music Awards in 2012
- "Sticks and Stones" featured in a nationwide anti-bullying documentary, "Bullied to Silence"
- Nominee for Female Vocalist of the Year at the Limelight Music Awards in 2014
- The honor of singing at the State Houses in both New Hampshire and Massachusetts