Date and Time
Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at 9:00pm
Ink'd Out Apparel and Klubhaus Productions present:
The Beyond Thunderdome $1000 DJ Competition at City Hall!
18+ with ID
This is a 10 contestant, head to head, EDM DJ competition, with cash prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners and an additional cash prize awarded to the contestant with the highest crowd draw through the door.
* Prizes will be awarded as follows: $500 to 1st place - $200 to 2nd place - $100 to 3rd place and $200 to the contestant that has the highest crowd draw at the door.
::::Please note: crowd draw is only worth part of your overall score and will only be used as a deciding factor in the event of a tie::::
* Each DJ will have 20 minutes to present his/her set and will receive a Judges scoring between 0-100 based on 7 key factors (see judging rules below)
CONTEST & APPLICATION RULES:
Contest is open to all DJs in the following EDM genres:
No: Hip-Hop/Trap/minimal/glitch/fidget/techno/tech house/Psy-Trance
All contestants must use the equipment provided by the contest, which will include CDJ-900's or better and a DJM 800 or better. Contestants will not be allowed to use any DJ mixing software or controllers due to time constraints for the competition. Contestants are allowed to use CD's or USB Flash Drive.
* All final contestants must arrive to the venue by the time appointed to them by the contest officials.
* All time slots will be drawn randomly and posted on or before Saturday, February 2nd 2013.
All cash prizes for Crowd Draw, 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded on the night of the competition.
To enter contestants must Make a new 30 min original mix labeled Beyond Thunder Dome $1000 DJ Competition and post it to Soundcloud and email the link to email@example.com by January 14th 2013. Include your full name, DJ name, phone number, Links to your FB/social sites, and EPK (if you have one).
Final contestants will be announced by January 10th. 2013
Contestants will receive a judge's score between 0-100
Contestants will be judged on the following:
• Harmonic Balance (mixing in key)
• Technical Merit
• Crowd Participation
• Crowd Draw
• Overall Performance
In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by the contestants crowd draw at the door.
We would like to thank EVRERY DJ that entered our contest! After careful consideration we are ready to announce the following 10 DJ's as finalists for the Beyond Thunderdome $1000 DJ Competition at City Hall!!!
(All finalists will receive a follow up email with final instructions.)
In no particular order the finalists are:
Dj Lady Sage
DJ Grant Saxena AKA DJ Sax
Congratulations and good luck to you all!!! — with Chad Burgess and Eric Lind.