Fort Lauderdale, FL
Los Bastardos Magnificos
Coon Doggin Outlaws
Date and Time
Saturday, December 29th, 2012 at 7:00pm
18+ or w/ adult
Saturday December 29th, 2012 at 7pm-2am @ Tobacco Road
2nd Annual Beard & Mustache Competition brought to you by the Brotherhood Of Mustaches & Beards. Featuring Los Bastardos Magnificos, Koffin Varnish, Coon Doggin Outlaws, DJ Haitian Hillbilly, Vendors and more!
For info on participating, being a sponsor or vendor contact
Brian Damage at 305.345.0995
Stay tuned for updates at the event page http://www.facebook.com/events/429473720425541/?fref=ts
Check out The BOMB group page http://www.facebook.com/groups/363494506996201/
Los Bastardos Magnificos
DJ Haitian Hillbilly
Head on down to Miami for our 2nd Annual Beard & Mustache Competition brought to you by the Brotherhood Of Mustaches & Beards. It will be held at the Tobacco Road(Miami's oldest bar and holder of Dade County's 1st Liquor license).
Tucked conveniently in the middle of Christmas and New Years as to not interfere with family plans during a time when a lot of people have vacation. Hope to see everyone make it out......and for you out of towners, we can almost guarantee you a reprieve from the winter cold.
Stay tuned as more details will be coming out in the next couple weeks. Just wanted to give everyone an early heads up, so you can hopefully make plans to attend.
*update 6/29/12 Firehouse Moustache Wax
( http://www.firehousemoustachewax.com/ )
has signed on to sponsor this event.
*All proceeds will be donated to AMI Kids. An organization that takes in troubled youth and teaches them boating and sailing skills, all while earning them their high school diplomas.
First and foremost this is a facial hair competition. Dressing up, dressing the part, and costumes are encouraged but not required. The competitors love it and the spectators love it too, but the competition is about the facial hair(only). Please keep that in mind while judging.
Secondly, all reference to the word "aids" is in reference to wax, mousse, hairspray, gel, etc. NO structural enhancements are permitted (wires, rubberbands, etc.).
Thirdly, people with beards may not enter mustache categories. We would suggest the groomed beard category, if you want to emphasize a styled mustache.
Lastly, a competitor may only enter one category. The women's categories are an exception to this rule.
Here are the categories:
1) Natural Mustache- the almighty mustache in its natural form. May be styled without the use of aids. To be judged on shape, thickness, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
2) Styled Mustache- from the big fancy handlebars to creative freestyle, and the English to the Dali. These men go through great lengths to achieve styled perfection. The mustache is enhanced via the use of aids. To be judged on symmetry, shape, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
3) Service 'Stache- a brand new category, debuting in Miami honoring active firefighters, police, and military. They usually have strict policies regarding facial hair and this category is for them and whatever they can get away with. If you can sport it at work, you can sport it at our competition. They can use aids at their discretion. To be judged on style, appearance, and how well it enhances their overall look.
4) Sideburns- from the Elvis style pork chops to the Lemmy. These guys take pride in their burns. The only requirement is a clean shaven chin at least the width of a razor. Mustache is optional and may be styled. Aids are allowed for mustache only. To be judged on style, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
5) Goatee- that awesome tuft of hair primarily grown on the chin but sometimes extended out a little further up the face. Mustache is optional and may be styled. Aids are allowed for mustache only. Will be judged on shape, style, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
6) Whaler- sometimes referred to as the Donegal or the Amish. Slight variations exist amongst the 3 but the common denominator is the full beard look minus a mustache. No aids permitted. To be judged on shape, style, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
7) Partial Freestyle- this is the category for those without full beards to get as creative as possible with their facial hair. It is also an overflow category for those that don't fit in any other. Aids are not only permitted they are encouraged. To be judged on style, appearance, overall look, and creativity.
8) Most Realistic- this is a fake beard/mustache category for women to enter. Who has pulled off the most realistic looking facial hair? To be judged on appearance, style, and how real it looks
9) Most Creative- another fake beard/mustache category for women. How creative can they get. Throw believable out the window because we are looking for unbelievable. To be judged appearance, style, and creativity.
10) White Collar Beard- this category is for baby beards from a shadow out to 1" in length. Usually worn by but not limited to white collar workers. There is an element of grooming involved with maintaining this beard and will be judged as such, with the additional factors of style, overall look, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
11) Full Beard Groomed- no size limit on length of beard. Use of aids are allowed. Mustache may be styled. This is usually a beard with a well maintained shape. To be judged on uniformity, neatness, shape, style, symmetry, and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
12) Full Beard Natural (under 12")- this category is reserved for those who just let it grow. Beard must not exceed 12" as measured from the bottom lip. Aids are prohibited. To be judged on thickness, shape, overall look and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
13) Full Beard Natural (over 12")- this category is for those that just let it grow, and then some. No size limit and no aids allowed. Considered the big beard category, they will be judged on shape, style, length, overall look and how well it enhances the competitors appearance.
14) Full Beard Freestyle- this is where you can get as creative as possible with your beard with the help of aids( wax, hairspray, gel, etc.) No structural enhancements are permitted(wires, rubber bands, etc.). To be judged on style, appearance, overall look, and creativity.
This is a brotherhood for dudes who rock beards, staches, goats, burns, and even soul patches. Females that love dudes that rock one or more of the above are also encouraged to become a fan and show their support. Check out our affiliate organization The Whiskerina Bombettes. We also welcome those dudes that can't sport any facial hair (due to genetic, personal, or employment reasons) but wish they could. You can sport your facial hair vicariously through one of our BOMBers.
626 South Miami Ave
Miami Florida 33130