Date and Time
Sunday, May 4th at 1:00pm
Yes its Sunday 'May the Fourth' be with you, as part of Big Woody's Cinco De Mayo festivities and Crawl Daddy gets to be a part of it.
Now Big Woody's will have the outside alive with fun that day and music, food, drink specials and our charity volleyball tournament.
Dear Anna will be rocking outside from 1:00-5:00!!
We will kick it off early people! Get there early, the tourney will start at 9AM sharp! This will be an all day event. In October we had 10 teams play over two courts. Sign up here and at Big Woody's. Also Michelle Kreeger, our Crawl Daddy volleyball liaison and The Center for Animal Health & Welfareboard member will pass out signup sheets as well. We will have more details as we go.
Tournament fee is $100/team. ($25/person)
No stragglers, must have a team registered before that day. Please feel free and use our wall to post if you are looking for a team to play with. There will be many people putting a team together and well, if you got the skills and no team, we want you to play! So post away!
Checks made payable to the Center for Animal Health and Welfare and mailed to 2440 Woodstock Drive, Bethlehem PA 18017. Or payable to paypal account 603-401-5351.
Email registration to email@example.com, Michelle will have the signup sheet to fill out.
USA VOLLEYBALL OUTDOOR RULES.
1. Teams will provide a work team consisting of a referee and a scorekeeper (neither needs to be certified)
2. Team are composed of 4 players at least one of whom needs to be a woman.
3. Sets will be best of 2 to 21 rally scoring. Team must win by 2 points. Cap at 28.
4. The top 2 teams from each net will go to the playoffs. Playoffs will be 1 game to 21. Finals will be best of 3 games to 21.
5. Players can play any position. All players may hit and block. No rotation of positions required. However, players must maintain initial service order.
6. Ball may touch any part of the body.
7. The ball must be hit, not caught or thrown.
8. Double contact is allowed ONLY on a hard-driven ball, as interpreted by the ref.
9. ANY contact with the net is a fault.
10. Let serves (the serve hitting the net and coming over onto opponents side) are permitted.
11. Open-handed 'tips' or 'dinks' are NOT permitted.
12. No accidental over sets.
13. You may go under the net onto the opponent's side of the court as long as there is no interference or touching of the net.
Since this is a charity event, we have the good feeling of giving to a great cause in our local area. We probably all know a volunteer at the shelter or have adopted a family member from there at one time. Either way, it's a great cause.
1st place payout is $200
2nd place payout is $100
More to come......