“Pickin’ Picnic” showcases emerging local musicians, on October 19, 4-10 p.m., at the Riverwalk Pavilion. The line-up includes:
• 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Faceless Bandits: A fun-loving band comprised of three “old-school punk rockers” who put a spin on bluegrass with rockabilly and punk undertones.
• 5:15-6:15 p.m.: Geri X: This Bulgarian-born singer-songwriter’s music shows influences of several genres, including folk, psychedelic rock, Americana, and post-rock. She has garnered a sizable fan base and critical acclaim in the Tampa Bay music scene.
• 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Waking Giants: This group of long-time friends and collaborators is genre jumping and draws from an amalgam of styles (rock, blues, funk, world beat, and electronic) to create a one of a kind, infectious sound. Skillfully crafted songs supporting powerful, sultry and soulful vocals provided by Kat and DeLaran.
• 7:45-8:45 p.m.: Muphin Chuckrs: This crowd favorite formed in 1999 and has remained a central Florida staple for 14 years. With roots that begin in new school punk, the band has constantly written and reinvented its sound, touching on reggae, jazz, rock, and metal, along the way.
• 9-10 p.m.: Have Gun, Will Travel: This award-winning band has a natural instinct for combining folk, pop, rock and classic country influences to create a sound all its own. "Their music has a great energy to it, with infectious, sing-along choruses and refrains," remarked NPR's Robin Hilton. American Songwriter called HGWT's music "organic, infectious Americana pop. Their music has a refreshing immediacy to it."
For more information about Music in the Park or Pickin’ Picnic, visit www.RealizeBradenton.com.
About Realize Bradenton
Realize Bradenton is a non-profit organization that builds community and promotes economic development through collaborative events, strategic partnerships, and interactive strategies. We help make downtown Bradenton one of the best riverfront communities in the country. For more information, visit: www.RealizeBradenton.com.