Will McBride Group
Venue Address (Get Directions)Pleasure Island Seafood Jazz and Blues Festival
Date and Time
Saturday, October 12th, 2013 at 11:00am
20th Pleasure Island Seafood Blues & Jazz proudly announces their headliner for 2013….
• Five time Grammy Award Winner
• 23 W.C. Handy Blues Awards (more than anyone)
• Billboard’s Century Award
• Presidential National Medal of Arts
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
• Rolling Stone ranked him in top 30 of the top 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time
• 2013 Kennedy Center Honoree
All this and he is only “76 years young”
Major influence for Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan
A pioneer of Chicago’s fabled electric blues West Side Sound
Known for his stage showmanship, playing guitar with a drumstick, his teeth, his elbow, his posterior and strolling into the audience
The B-L-U-E-S are coming to Pleasure Island in October.
Opening for Buddy will be the SLIDE BROTHERS (gospel blues with 3 pedal steel slide guitars at one time)
We have a double headliner…
Sunday we close with WET WILLIE - versatile, high-energy blues rock featuring good-time music, rollicking high-energy Southern soul
Opening before is RANDALL BRAMBLETT – founder of Sea Level and wrote “Used To Rule The World” by Bonnie Raitt and has toured with Bonnie, Gregg Allman and Stevie Winwood.