You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
When I started writing this yesterday, it was cloudy, a bit muggy, and about to RAIN. But then... SUNSHINE!! Loving music, and I'll take it in any weather... even extremely temperamental weather. Which brings me to the change of seasons, and FALL. For me Fall is all about pumpkin and apple picking, long sleeves, and school (which I'm not attending anymore. although that may change. more to come on that point). It's also about autumnal beers. I've only tried Smuttynose's Pumpkin Ale, Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale, and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest but I'm open to trying more. Any recommendations?
I want to talk about my shows right away, as I have a bit of an iNTERESTiNG/WEiRD schedule coming up. Big, FREE show THIS SUNDAY at Rockwood Music Hall (playing with Brian Kesley, Ross Clark, Stuart Bidwell). A couple of college/hometown gigs, a festival, a trip to Atlanta, and an awesome Battle of the Bands are also on this Fall's lineup. Could get crazy
SEPTEMBER SHOWS in NYC
* THIS Sunday, September 12, 4pm, Rockwood Music Hall, ONE OF MY FAVORITE VENUES, 196 Allen St. in between Stanton St. and Houston St. FREE, another BIG one. If you can check this one out, it would be AMAZING to see you there. * Sunday, September 26, 1pm, APPLE DAY Orchard St. between Broome and Grand. Lower East Side http://www.lowereastsideny.com/NYCAppleDay.html
SEPTEMBER SHOWS on LONG ISLAND
* Wednesday, September 22, 7:30, ROSLYN show at The Bryant Library, all ages, acoustic set back on the island. www.bryantlibrary.org, 2 Paper Mill Rd, Roslyn - (516) 621-2240
SEPTEMBER SHOWS ...elsewhere
* Friday, September 17, 12pm, Penn State University, HUB Alumni Hall
September RANDOM THOUGHTS
* I'm going to tell you a short story. For most of my life I recall my mom telling me stories about how if I ate PICKLES late at night, I would get nightmares. One night at 2am during finals two years ago, I called my mom on speakerphone in front of my friends to have her back me up about the nightmare and pickle correlation. She had no recollection of ever telling me that. This story came up more than once this past weekend. Why? No clue. Labor day and pickles? Barbecues maybe? Who knows? * "Courtesy is Contagious" is apparently a new MTA catchphrase? Hmm... * For everyone in the tri-state area, but really in the five boroughs, EATALY just opened on the corner of 5th avenue and 23rd St. When I studied abroad my junior year of college in Turin, Italy, the world's first Eataly had just opened there. It's a combination specialty store; food departments, butchers, restaurants, coffee bar, wine shop, and more, all in one giant space. Definitely worth checking out at least once. * It isn't possible to help everyone, all of the time. Sadly. Have I come to this conclusion before? Probably, which means that I think about it too much.
* FIRST RADIO INTERVIEW. * FIRST BLOG REVIEWS. * WEBSITE LAUNCHED. * SECOND EP DIGITALLY RELEASED.
THIS AUGUST, I (kindly) CHALLENGE YOU TO (wonder if you could) ... Suggest my facebook page to your friends and family. All you have to do is copy and paste http://www.facebook.com/jamiebendellmusic into your status, or go to my fan page and click on "suggest to friends" under my profile picture. I'd love to get my music out to as many people as possible, and hopefully, if you, your friends, and family like it, they'll keep up to date with my music
Love you and thank you SO MUCH, always, Jame