* Today we are releasing 'Winter XXVIII'! This is the final incarnation of the first ever Seventh Harmonic track 'Each Hour', which appeared on debut release 'The Awakening' (2000). A demo version featuring the new lyrics and original instrumental track was released on the 'Equanimi' demo EP subsequent to the band reforming in 2009; and this latest version was created shortly afterwards and is that which is performed live. The recorded files - originally assumed to have perished in a hardware meltdown - were found again in late 2013, and released in response to a number of requests for this 'lost' version. Download here: http://seventhharmonic.bandcamp.com/album/winter-mmxiii And please feel free to share the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rt_nUrH-E&feature=youtu.be
* Apologies to all those who were disappointed by the cancellation of our London show with Daemonia Nymphe in October. This has been rescheduled to Sunday February 16th 2014, and discounted tickets are available via this link: http://www.eeetickets.com/SH.htm We will also be playing with the fantastic Rosa Crvx in London on Sunday 4th May - discounted tickets for this concert are also available via the above link. Both gigs also feature the amazing Jo Quail...and we hope to have a nice surprise in store for you! http://www.reverbnation.com/show/12005293 http://www.reverbnation.com/show/12005299
Thankyou for your ongoing support, and hope to see some of you in London next year! In the meantime, wishing you all a happy rest of 2013, and warmest seasonal greetings.
Has it really been a year! Without further ado, here’s what we’ve been up to:
* Caroline & Lesley took time out of our jobs to travel around Asia for six months for ideas and inspiration – there are a few photos on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seventh-Harmonic/44579968278 And many more being added to Lesley’s photography page: http://www.facebook.com/LesleyMalonePhotography Interesting times indeed!
* We have a new singer, Liza Graham – a professional mezzo-soprano whose background in opera and theatre bring a new sense of drama to our live performance and aesthetic. See below for details of our debut performance with her...
* After the success of our download compilation album NO RED SEAS, which raised $3000 for Sea Shepherd, we have started work on NO RED SEAS II, which this time will benefit The Black Fish, a smaller organisation doing excellent work to prevent unnecessary ocean slaughter. More information and artist announcements on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/noredseas
* Our first performance in two years will be with our good friends and collaborators Daemonia Nymphe, performing at the Hallowe’en Masquerade Ball at Electrowerkz, London on October 26th 2013. There will be a total of 6 bands, free wine served by eunuchs (!), and free entry to the Slimelight club afterwards. Tickets are normally priced £20, but we have a limited amount available for £10 plus £1 Paypal fee – please email seventhharmonic at hotmail dot com asap if you wish to reserve any. More information here: http://www.facebook.com/events/204790936337136
Thankyou for your ongoing support, and hope to see some of you in London next month!