It's been months since our last update! The good news....we're back. Alec, Shane, and myself are welcoming new drummer Scott Beauchamp to our lineup, and couldn't be happier! We'll be playing live in Edmonton before you know it. I'll keep you updated with the details of our first show in 2011. We have really missed playing for you. Can't wait to be on stage again.
Edmonton pop rock band SIX STRING LOADED is currently looking for a drummer and guitarist. We currently have shows lined up in October as well as December. We have played many of the venues in Edmonton, such as Jet Nightclub, Starlite Room, Brixx, Band Ranch, On The Rocks, and more.
We are primarily an originals band, but do perform covers from time to time. Our focus is writing and performing original music. We are looking for people who are motivated and dedicated to whatever music project they take on.
We basically like to have fun and play shows, but there are a few criteria that we are looking for in a permanent band member:
* Must have own stage and practice gear.
* We practice 1-2 days a week. Must be willing to pitch in for jam space if needed. We currently have a jam space taken care of, but we may relocate in the future.
* NO EGOS. It`s important that you can take constructive criticism as well as give it. It`s also important thatc we all get along well.
* We generally make money at shows, but there will be shows where we don`t. This is because we need to play to make a name for ourselves and reach a broader audience, regardless of the pay. If you are only interested in money and not growing the band, we don`t need you.
* Must be somewhat flexible with schedule. All of us in the band have regular jobs as well as band, so we ask that you do your best to make the band fit into your schedule.
* Know how to have fun! That`s what music is about!
If you are interested in auditioning, please message Naomi. We also host an Open Stage every Wednesday night at Hooliganz Pub. 10704 - 124 St. Please feel free to come down and jam with us. It`ll be a friendly way to get to know you and your skills.
2008 was quite the year for us. We came up with the band name, and had a bit of a revolving door for players for a little while.We played our first festival show, and started hosting an open stage here in Edmonton.
The best part of all, was Shane and I finding Joel, Craig, and Alec. There's a lot of good chemistry there now, and even more talent than you can imagine.
I have been mentioning my desire to relocate to Vancouver this spring. This is an idea that is still weighing on my mind. I've basically concluded, that if the band is heading in a good direction over the next few months, and looking towards doing some big shows, then I'll stay here in Edmonton and work hard on making it huge for Six String Loaded. I love this band, and have every intention on making our mark this year.
Look for a studio recording of "Little Things", some new songs at the shows, some merchandise, and some great venues. We're starting the year off with a bang, playing at The Starlite Room on Jan 17, with As It Standz, and Da P.H.U.K.'s,.
Here's to wishing you a kick ass 2009, and thanks for continuing to support us! Things with Six String Loaded are only going to get bigger and better!