You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
The Como Brothers - Matt and Andrew are singer/songwriters and performers. They have made 3 releases so far, "The Speed of Sound EP" (2012) “Still Waters EP” (March 2013), and, full length album “Baby Steps” (October 1, 2013).
Matt and Andrew Como
We have been surrounded by music all our lives. Our parents made sure we had lessons and instilled their love of music as part of our household. Our dad and his brothers are all very musical. During family parties throughout our childhood, our uncles would jam in the basement. We loved it when they played together and would join in. This is where we first got a taste of performing. In later teenage years, Matt and Andrew joined their father and their uncle in a Beatles tribute band, playing in local bars across long island. Andrew was George and Matt was John. Soon we started writing songs. We loved playing Beatles music but wanted to play our own music. Once we started writing songs in we started to look at music as a career option. In January 2012, “The Speed of Sound EP” was released. In March 2013, “Still Waters” EP was released. Our first full length album “Baby Steps” was released on October 1st, 2013. All music, merchandise, and recordings have been funded independently by Matt and Andrew Como.
Our music has been placed in:
• MTV's Real World Portland & St. Thomas
• E! Network’s Keeping up with the Kardashians
• The Oxygen Channel's Best Ink
• Quicksilver Advertisements
• Indie movie Wingman Inc. Soundtrack
• Canon Consumer Electronics Trade Show Commercial
Notable experiences in 2014:
• Opened for Howie Day (June 2014)
• Won 2014 Artists In Music Award Composer of Year, Album of Year- Baby Steps
• 2014 Artists In Music Award 5 nominations – Best Rock, Best Singer/SongWriter, Composer of Year, Album of Year, Artist of Year
• Deli Best of NYC 2013 Emerging Artists Alt Rock – Top 9 Honorable Mention)
• Our song Late Nights featured in Canon Consumer Electronics Trade Show Commercial
Notable experiences in 2013:
• Opened for Jillian Jensen (X-Factor) at 89 North Music Venue (February 2013)
• Opened for Frankie Zulferino at the Highline Ballroom (February 2013)
• Performed on Balcony TV Charleston (February 2013)
• Were finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2013, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2013)
• Our music was accepted on Pandora
• Opened for the Wallflowers at Alive@Five in Stamford, CT (June 2013)
• Performed in “Make Music NYC” (June 2013)
• Ten Como Brothers songs were determined radio ready for CBS Radio's "Tomorrow's Hits Today” (July 2013)
• Performed for an A&R from A&M / Octone Records Showcase and received very encouraging and positive feedback (August 2013)
• Won 2013 Good Times Magazine - "Long Island Music Festival" (August 2013)
• Performed in the CBGB Festival on the ReverbNation Stage at Tammany Hall (October 2013)
• Opened for American Idol Winner, David Cook, at 89 North in Patchogue Long Island (October 2013)
• Performed in the Port Jefferson Music Festival (October 2013)
• Top 5 Pop Genre Finalist Show Me the Music Contest - song Straight Face (Nov 2013)
• Interviewed on CBS Sports Radio on the Darryn Yates Show
Notable experiences in 2012:
• In Phase I of the Hard Rock Rising Contest our song “I Don’t Like You” had the most number of downloads in the entire USA. (January 2012)
• Finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2012, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2012)
• Performed in the Montauk Music Festival (May 2012)
• Won 2012 Ernie Ball Battle – Played in Warped Tour at Nassau Veteran’s Coliseum (July 2012)
• Played the Nikon Jones Beach Theater Side Stage before Rachel Crow, Cody Simpson, and Big Time Rush (August 2012)
• Performed at Six Flags Great Escape in Lake George, NY (August 2012)
• Performed 35 shows in 2012 (Long Island & NYC at bars, town events, charity fundraising events, and festivals)
We aim to bring energy, excitement, and originality to the stage. We are very accessible - message us and we'll respond. We can’t wait to see you at our next gig!
• Brian Lion of Under The Gun Review has praised the album, stating, "Pretty much the whole of Baby Steps is catchy as hell".
• Brian Weidy of IX Daily’s reviewed the album, writing, "The Como Brothers Band excels on their debut".
• Joshua Smotherman of Middle Tennessee Music writes, “Baby Steps includes track after track of grade A++ quality songwriting, musicianship, and originality”.
• James Wilson of My Random Jukebox speaks of Matt and Andrew’s songwriting abilities, stating, “How the music is put together alongside the catchy lyrics is a credit to their songwriting ability (which I think is their biggest talent)”.
• I Am Entertainment Magazine wrote, “It’s just a matter of time before these guys explode into the mainstream”.