You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
"Caught between a love of summer and winter, the 29-year-old front man for the Codi Jordan Band incorporates the positive vibes and upbeat lifestyle of beach and mountain culture in his reggae rock outfit. " - Steamboat Today
The Codi Jordan Band is a Reggae Rock band running in the same vein as popular acts Sublime, The Dirty Heads and Slightly Stoopid. Hailing from the greater Salt Lake City area the band has toured relentlessly across the west spreading their homegrown mountain town sound across 12 states and hundreds of stages. Front man Codi Jordan grew up in the small ski town of Eden, Utah. Both of Codi's parents grew up in Southern California but opted to move to Utah in search of mountains and snow. For Codi, having family in Southern California led to a fascination and love for the southern CA lifestyle, the Ocean and the budding reggae/rock/surf/punk scene. Codi began writing lyrics and composing music at the age of 12 years old; a few years later he was introduced to the recording studio by a local hip-hop artist who noticed Codi playing and singing at a local house party. The "Vacation" CD came out in 2008 and was voted local album of the year by Weber State University's local radio station. Codi quickly enlisted Bass player Cameron Goldsberry, Drummer Jonny Knoder both from Ogden, UT and Lead Guitar Player Mike Lee also from the Eden area. Once the band was complete a group effort was put forth in the studio. The Album Positivity soon followed in 2011. The band has had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Dashboard Confessional, The Dirty Heads, The Neon Trees, The Expendables, Trevor Hall, and Tomorrows Bad Seeds and many more. The band has also toured on several dates in support of Katchafire and Passafire.
- Asked to play main stage at Winter Dew Tour Utah 2010, 2011
- Picked as one of Eddie Bauer's "Artists To Watch" With songs played daily in over 300 retail stores in the U.S. and Canada
- The Song Shake Shugar Shake was Featured on Nickelodeon's "Degrassi"
- Selected as main support for "The Neon Trees" and "The Dirty Heads" at The House of Blues Foundation room during The Sundance Film Festival 2011
- Salt Lakes #1 alternative radio station X96.3FM retired The song "Pretty Girls" after a streak of wins on their show "X-posed." The competition pits 3 songs from popular Alternative artists against each other in a daily battle and the winner is decided by listeners.