You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Attempting to incorporate a Heavy Guitar sound with Electronic Music is definitely not a new idea, but doing it with a natural & organic feel is not an easy feat without it feeling awkward, mechanical or even forced upon the listener. While there are numerous bands that continue to experiment with this form of hybrid combination there are only a couple of bands that have been successful in performing this technique.
The Artist known as Rob E FLEXxX & the D-1 Band (which includes his close friend Don Lyte), based out of Peterborough, Ontario (Just 1.5 hours East of Toronto) have not only kept their music feeling organic, but they have managed to capture and mix numerous music styles and influences with their heavy guitar riffs while pushing the musical boundaries of Country/Hard Rock/ Hard Blues/Nu Metal further with their eccentric/fun approach.
Rob E FLEXxX & The D-1 Band have been releasing their latest material to download for FREE through their artist profiles on REVERBNATION for over the past year to an ever increasing fan base which they affectionately call their FLEXxXy Beasts. to which Rob retorts, "I figure if Lady Gaga can have, “Little Monsters,” we can have an army of, “FLEXxXy Beasts,” (Laughs). ”
Further, Rob E FLEXxX Solo Artist recently climbed to #1 position on the local charts for Instrumental Music for Peterborough & the Kawartha's, and has managed to reach #21 in the National Charts for Instrumental Music in Canada on the ReverbNation Charts (as of May 15, 2014)
The FLEXxXy one states on the most recent success of his Solo and CODE WHITE Projects: “I feel that we're trying to do something a little bit different, maybe even considered warped by some (Laughs), while staying to true to our Country/Hard Rock/Metal and even Hard Blues roots if you'd like. We have been connecting with a lot of new fans the past couple of months, and we always to try to personally thank and write each one of them back for their support, and for becoming FLEXxXy Beasts…"
You can get the New FLEXxXY Mobile App and the D-1 Bands: latest FREE downloads, NEWS updates, and tour dates from their ReverbNation websites @:
* http://www.reverbnation.com/rob3fl3xxx *
"Liz Melody shared a link: The fun thing about doing a voice sample cd is seeing what people come up with. I get sent quite a bit and some is good some not so good. This may not be for everyone-pretty hard dark and rock'n'roll but it is one that stands out for me as I am rocker at heart and I think what Rob has done with the vocals is very clever rhythmically and melodically especially considering it was initially for a house track! Nice work! I thought I'd share Check out You're Dirty Baby (Vocals: Liz Melody, Drms: Scott Rockenfield of Queensryche) by Rob 3 FL3XxX" - Liz Melody , Liz Melody: FaceBook Musician/Band Page (Jul 30, 2012) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liz-Melody/92240765349
"Wow, I love it, great work. Did you get the vocals from a Vocal Attack sample album? Which one?"
- (Richard Oliver, Richard Oliver FaceBook Musician/Band Page (Sept 1, 2012) https://www.facebook.com/RichardOliverSinger
"Wow, good band. I like some of the heavy influences (Slipknot, perhaps?). Your drummer is very solid… Very impressive musicianship and arrangement skills… Good work. Best wishes, Jim." - Jim Vallance (Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Heart, Alice Cooper and Bryan Adams)
- Jim Vallance, Personal E-mail (Apr 07, 2010)
Quick Bio Facts:
* Rob is Currently (as of May 15, 2014) working with Don Lyte in a New Band called, Code White, in addition to a 3rd Solo Project (with a title still to be determined) and collaborating with Singer/Songwriter Eeve Ryan on her upcoming project/release
* A founding member of the band CODE WHITE with Don Lyte, EcHoS oF eNvY (2008 - Current)
* Featured on CHEX-TV as a member of the power tandem Guy Doucette, June 2002
* Debut Cd, Freaks For Fun, was officially released May 1999, with material (Shark Attack, and FUBAR) being featured on the Radica Games Limited 2000 CD-rom Catalogue (radicagames.com)
* Drop Dead, from the CD Way Beyond XXX, appeared on the Canadian Independent Box Set (disc 2, track 14)
* Rob was the Winner of the 1st Annual Guitar Wars Sponsored by Jack Daniels, in Peterborough, Feb 1992. High-lights of this event were coincidently featured on Much-Music.
* Rob performed Classical Music studies from 1992-1995 @ Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.