You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Third grade. Recess. As most kids wait anxiously for their turn on the slide, Skyler is performing on the playground. 6th grade. Skyler masters guitar, drums, bass, and piano. 7th grade. He owns his own bedroom recording studio. 9th grade. Skyler releases his first full-length, all original CD. Before the end of high school, Skyler releases four more original CDs, performs over 400 shows and 20 professional and repertory theatre productions, and attends Berklee College of Music. Today. Age 22. Raving reviews are in. Big-league music industry executives are on board. Fans are lining up. Skyler owns the playground.
With the release of his two latest EPs, Long Gone and Take You Away, Skyler has grabbed the attention of industry insiders in radio, TV, management, booking, promotions, and development, creating an executive team passionate about his music. Radio stations that have gotten hooked on Skylers emotionally addictive songs include WXRV in Boston, WOKQ in New Hampshire, WTHT in Maine, The Point and WGDR in Vermont, and WMFO and WCHC in Massachusetts.
As with any good artist, it begins and ends with the song. Skylers known that since he began writing at the tender age of nine. Recent pairings with other songwriters have only increased his prolific output. He is recording and writing in Nashville with Marshall Altman (Matt Nathanson, Eric Paslay) and Rich Redmond (Jason Aldean, Thompson Square), as well as recording and writing in LA with Jeff Ballard (Nettwerk Records, Passenger, Family of the Year) and Curt Cuomo (Kiss, Eddie Money).
Cumulus Media Corporate Program Director, Greg Frey, has said that Skylers songs are "nothing but top notch." Reviewers agree. "If there is any justice in the world of music, Skyler will be the breakout artist of 2010/2011." Even Absolute Punk agrees, "I think I just fell in love. This is Taylor Swift in guy form."
- 2014 Campus Activities Magazine "Best Small Venue Act"
- 2013 East Coast tour with Rookie of the Year
- 2012 SuperCuts artist ambassador (song used in national radio ad campaign)
- 2012 X Factor appearance (contestant)
- 2012 All State Insurance/Channel One News spokesperson for Safe Teen Driving (national TV ad campaign)
- 2012 NACA South Showcase Alternate (Roving Artist)
- 2012 NACA Mid Atlantic Showcase Alternate (Sampler Showcase)
- Opened for Goo Goo Dolls, Band Perry, Daughtry, Plain White Ts, Matt Nathanson, Parachute, Cassadee Pope, and Ryan Cabrera
- Performed over 500 shows
- Featured on major TV networks, such as, NBC, FOX, CBS, Channel One News, NECN, and WCAX
- Streaming online on Spotify, Artists on Demand, Nashville.com
- Acoustic pop music with a live band made up of vocals, guitar, piano, bass, percussion, and drums