George Sheffield has been singing country music since the age of 14 when he heard the great Hank Williams singing on one of those mono LPs. Since then George has been singing and writing songs in the country mode. He has performed in various clubs and on various stages wherever he could. In 1980, he released his first record A Dream Come True and Wild Women and Country Music, with both songs reaching the TOP 40 charts locally and even being played nationally.
But a change was coming. George gave his life and music to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in 1980. Many of his band members did also, and are now active in their local churches. Doors began to open for some of the band to reunite, and they now offer not only Christian music, but also clean, good ol’ country music. And they also do many of George’s originals. In August 2004, George released his Alone and Blue, a collection of new country songs written by George. In November, he released his Christmas CD It’s Christmas Time!. In late March 2005, George released Crucify Him! a new country Gospel CD. Most recently, Christmas Favorites was released in December 2005.
George has also taken his old material from past tapes and created several CDs:
• Songs God Gave Me— a CD of home recordings featuring original Christian songs written by George.
• LIVE! — a CD featuring live Gospel music performances of George and the band at Buckner’s Family Restaurant and performances from WMAZ-TV program Sunday Morning Sings.
• The Country Sound of George Sheffield— a CD of George’s country recordings from the early 1980s.
• Live at Swampland— a CD of a live performance at the legendary Swampland Opera House in Toomsboro, Georgia. Recorded in 1981. Country and Gospel.
• Swampland Again! — a CD of another live show at Swampland from 1980. Country and Gospel.
George has established a music publishing company, KingdomSong Music Publishing Company, through which he publishes his own songs, and a record company Stuffy Bear Records through which he records. In Spring 2004, several of his songs were reviewed by Arista records for Alan Jackson's CD What I Do, though none were selected.
George's songs Peach Pickin' Time and It Wouldn't Be Christmas Without You were selected as song picks of the week by WQZY 95.9 of Dublin, Georgia for the week of Sept 19 and Dec 5 respectively. Check it out at the station's Sunday Night Ride website. You can also see George's music at CD Baby and MusicGhost.
Bookings can be made for fairs, concerts, music halls, churches, arts & crafts events, and certain other events. Church bookings will be strictly inspirational concerts with a love offering accepted.