Musical Style: Modern Americana Roots Rock influenced by the rock pioneers of the past and relevant artists of today. Rich Sheldon Band combines the diverse sounds of rock n’ roll from bluegrass to reggae and beyond. Lead by Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist Rich Sheldon, RSB is comprised of some of the best players Los Angeles has to offer, and the chemistry of the band elevates the energy of the audience to euphoric levels. Along with Rich, the core of RSB is Brad Rhodus on drums, Eric “Hatch” Gann on piano/keyboards, Guy Silliman on bass guitar, and Lyla Fichtner on backing vocals. Other musician friends that frequently sit in with the band are drummer Ben Martin, bass player Doug Haxall, keyboardists Roy Fishell and Jamie Bullock and many other high-level improv players in the Jam Band community.
Also, Rich occasionally performs & records with Young Dubliner's guitarist, Bob Boulding and has performed with Innocent Criminals bassist, Juan Nelson and son Preston Nelson. He has recorded on studio tracks with Ed Tree of The Spencer Davis Group, Rick Shlosser (former drummer for Van Morrision) and Dig Lewis (former bassist for Stevie Wonder). He has appeared on the same bill with David Lindley & Wally Ingram, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Chris Hillman of The Byrds, and the band Sweetwater.
Rich’s song "Meet You In the Heavens" appeared on Ziggy Marley radio, a podcast show at ziggymarley.com, and in the film "American Drug War, The Last White Hope", directed by Kevin Booth, (A Sacred Cow Production, co-founded by comedian Bill Hicks).
His song “Destination Unknown” from the album “Rebel Soul Band” was selected for the first RELIX Magazine JAM OFF compilation CD, and he appeared with his band in the magazine’s “On The Verge” section.
The following Los Angeles radio stations have featured Rich Sheldon’s music: “Frosty, Heidi, and Frank show” on 97.1 FM; “Local Licks” on 95.5 FM KLOS; and “The Music Never Stops” with Barry Smolin on KPFK 90.7 FM. Rich’s music also is played globally on various Internet, College and Public supported stations.
Rich Sheldon and his band have performed live at the following festivals and venues:
• Scottdale Fall Festival ’12 (Scottdale, PA)
• San Marcos Harvest Festival ’12
• Dead On The Ponderosa ’11 & ‘12
• Hennessey’s Tavern (Hermosa & Dana Point, CA)
• Finn McCool’s Irish Pub (Santa Monica, CA)
• Mickey Finnz (Redondo Beach, CA)
• Bar Melody (Los Angeles, CA
• O’Brien’s Irish Pub (Santa Monica, CA)
• Malibu Wines (Malibu, CA
• The Tavern (Ventura, CA)
• World of Beer (Tampa, FL)
• Mother’s Saloon (San Diego, CA)
• The Whaler (Venice, CA) residency ’10 & ‘11
• Santa Barbara Sandcastle Festival ’09
• Watermelon Festival - Sunland/Tujunga ’09
• Marinapalooza (Marina del Rey, CA) '06, '07, ’09
• Santa Monica Farmer’s Market ’07, ’08, ‘09
• Ventura Holiday Street Faire ’08
• Ventura Lemon Festival ‘08
• Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort ‘07 & ’08
• Edinburgh Fringe Festival (UK) ‘06
• Union Street Faire (San Francisco, CA) '05
• Los Angeles Art Fest '05
• Whole Earth Festival (UC Davis) '04
• Los Angeles Marathon '04 & '05
• The Venice Carnivale (Venice Beach, CA) '04
• North Park Spring Festival '04 (San Diego, CA)
• Topanga Days (Topanga Cyn, CA) '02
• Millpond Music Festival (Bishop, CA) '00
• Sloppy Joe’s (Key West, FL)
• Green Parrot (Key West, FL)
• Winston’s (San Diego, CA)
• House of Blues (Hollywood, CA)
• Hardrock Café (Universal City, CA)
• Flagstaff Brewing Co. (AZ)