You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
Steph Furness, who hails from Central NJ, grew up on the DIY sounds of Kaia Wilson and Ani DiFranco. She has woven those influences, as well as those of local artists, into her own work. Steph's debut CD, "aviatrix," was released in June 2002 and her EP, "warm blanket," was released in April 2004. Both CDs are available for purchase at www.cdbaby.com.
89.5 WXPN, Philadelphia, PA
90.3 The Core, Piscataway, NJ
KGPR, Montana Public Radio, Great Falls, MT
KPFT, Houston, TX
WPKN, Bridgeport, CT
Amazon Radio, WPKN
Radio Crystal Blue, NJ
partial list of venues:
Meow Mix (NYC)
Bar B (NYC)
The C-Note (NYC)
The Sidewalk Cafe (NYC)
Urban Word Cafe (NJ)
NJ Pride Center (NJ)
Club Cafe (Pittsburgh, PA)
Sisters Night Club (Philadelphia, PA)
Flicker Bar and Theatre (Athens, GA)
Little King's Shuffle Club (Athens, GA)
- Steph completed her first tour of the Northeast with Outmusic Award recipient, Irina Rivkin, April 2004
- Opened for nationally-renowned slam poet, Alix Olson, in June 2003
- Accepted as a performing member of Indiegrrl, spearheaded by indie folk sensation, Holly Figueroa
- Won third place in a national songwriting competition for her song, "Build it Up", 2002
- Accepted to SBS Records (Michelle Malone's record label) Indie Compilation ..5, May 2002
"Very few sounds are as beautiful as those that Steph Furness creates with her guitar. She has a gift of being able to transport her musical visions right to our hearts. I love listening to...her music. One feels like they are peeking into the pages of her journal and her life."
- Jade Esteban Estrada, Vicarious New York
contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 16, 2005
Kate Evans, Kaia Wilson, Ani DiFranco, Doria Roberts, Dar Williams, Joan Baez
Self-released on Aviatrix Productions