Education & Degrees:
1956-1960: Lewis & Clark High School, Spokane WA.
1960-1965: Washington State University: BA, BM, with Honors, (Piano)
1965-1967: Louisiana State University: Masters of Music with Honors (Piano)
1967-1968: 1 year toward PhD
1973-1974: Fynske Musikkonservatorium, Odense, Denmark (Piano, History,
Theory, Chamber Music)
1998-1999: American Institute of Clinical Massage, Post Falls, Id. (Washington
LMP State License granted: November, 1999)
2000-2007 Continuing Ed courses: in Craniosacral Therapy, in Denmark (Stanley
Rosenberg Institute) and elsewhere, under leading authorities in the
WSU: Phi Beta Kappa , Phi Mu Alpha
LSU: Phi Pappa Phi, Pi Kappa Lambda
1994: Washington State Artist Trust Award in Musical Composition ($5000)
Professional Teaching Experience:
1. 1968-1970: Assistantship at Louisiana State University accompanying and aiding Music Appreciation instruction
2. 1968-1972 Faculty, Pensacola Jr. College, Pensacola Florida: Piano, Piano Classes, Music History, & Music Humanities. Promoted to Assistant Professor, March 4, 1972
1972-1988: Resident in Denmark
3. 1975-1978: Faculty, Fynske Musikkonservatorium, Odense, Denmark: Functional Piano, Jazz Piano, Chordal Approach to Piano.
4. 1978-1988: Faculty, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark: Integration (Course for Honors Music Majors, covering Theory, Arranging, History, Ear Training, Ensemble Performance, and more). Improvisational Analysis; Evergreen (Standards) Harmonic Principles.
5. 1986-1988: Faculty, Jyske Musikkonservatorium, Aarhus, Denmark: Jazz Piano.
6. 1987-1988: Faculty, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark: Jazz and Classical Piano.
1988: Returned to USA
7. 1988-1989: Faculty, Spokane Falls Community College, Spokane, Washington: Piano, Piano Classes, Arranging, Combo, Stage Band.
8. 1989-1992: Faculty, Whitworth College, Spokane, Washington, Piano, Jazz Piano, Piano Classes.
9. 1992-1996: Private teaching and performing, USA and Denmark.
10. 1996-2007: NSAM (New School of American Music): Workshops in Chord Piano in Florida, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska.
Professional Therapy Experience
11. 2000-2005: RUBATO Craniosacral Therapy private business in Spokane Wa.
12. 2005-2007: RUBATO Craniosacral Therapy private business in Vancouver Wa.
High school: Played in Frantic Five Dixieland Band; organized and played in Contemporary Jazz Quartet. Member of Junior Achievement Talent Company.
University & after: Bassist in WSU Symphony, LSU Symphony, Baton Rouge Symphony. Organized and led Piano Trio in Pensacola. Extensive experience leading combos and bands, both USA and in Denmark. Styles include jazz, country, funk, fusion, rock, and Latin American. Led Church Choir in Aarhus Denmark. Performed with Johnny Reimar Big Band in Denmark. Taught Summer Music Camp at Seeley Lake, Montana (2004).
1960-1963: Summer band leader in Glacier National Park (Many Glacier Hotel): 1964: Summer performance in clubs on Cape Cod. 1965-1966: Summer employment as waiter in Glacier National Park.
Created Cosmic Dust Fusion Band, in 1980, and performed throughout the Northwest, and British Columbia until 2005: festivals and clubs.
Extensive experience accompanying vocalists and soloists, both Classical and Jazz styles. Jazz performances on piano with Spokane Symphony, and the Spokane Jazz Orchestra, as well as visiting artists. Performed extensively at retirement homes, churches, restaurants, bars, private parties, funerals, banquets, festivals, and other venues. Composed many works in jazz and fusion style.