Foleys Van formed in early June 2012 after pickin' on porches, doorsteps, and kitchen counter
tops. Their fast-driving, foot-stomping, and whiskey-sippin' tunes are geared towards the newer
generation of string music, and they capture aspects of an assortment of genres. There are
often impromptu explosions of psychedelic creativity that will tickle your ear hair. They also keep
it traditional from time to time, performing bluegrass and old-time music using the single
After shows, they are up for a good shin dig, and always prefer to tag along to the best whiskey
tavern in town. Come on down and we’ll all get in the van..... DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
The Van (in whiskey order):
- Chris Jerry - Guitar, drum, mouth-harp, vocals. He can levitate 6 inches off the ground while
playing every instrument (heavy whiskey dosage required). He has to wear suspenders to hold
up his dancing pants. He enjoys maintaining a steady diet of Ramen noodles and Seagram's 7.
- Allen Swearingen - Mandolin, vocals. He doesn't have to sleep on couches anymore. He
enjoys doodling, winking at people, tumbling (yes folks), and rocking a foo-manchu every once
in a while just because some of the band can’t.
- Chris Crovella - Banjo, vocals (but only after a few beers). He is also known as Crow Foot,
Cravoltar, and John Crovolta. He has been known to drool on his banjo every once in a while.
He enjoys wasting the night away, losing each shoe one at a time, and shooting ﬁreworks while
riding his unicycle.
- Patrick Calaway - Bass. He practiced 1 hour before his ﬁrst show and always brings a 6 pack
to practice. He has witty insight, and always has a new made up word. If you ever have a ginger
emergency, its ok, Patrick will probably have a cut of ginger root in his pocket for ya.
- Brandon King - Fiddle, Vocals, Dancing and Carrying-On. This feller here has been brought up
to shred while meditating. His lever-action ﬁddle-arm is equipped with an entire tank of get
down. Once we get him started, we have to burn down the building before he will leave. We all
- John Henry - Guitar, Vocals, Mustache. This guy has a voice like a baby angel who has just discovered chocolate for his first time. The excitement and colorful music this man brings is the next level. Watch out for that mustache, it has its own legs that can whoop an ass in a second...a peaceful ass whooping of course.
- Special Guest Stars:
- Wendi La Fey - She grew up dancing to her grandpa's banjo, so washboard playing comes
natural, and so do her washboard abs! She has all the bells and whistles on her washboard,
dubbed the "Ozark Swiss Army Knife" and has been known to whip up some mighty ﬁne nachos
with that cheese grater while on break. Wendi is also an accomplished ﬁne artist, belly dancer,
face painter, business owner, world traveler, and drum maker with New World Drums. Check out
her art web site at www.wendilafey.com
- Melissa Schock - After crossing the plains of Africa chanting and singing to the stars, this angel
voice brings our tippy top even higher. After stealing our mandolin player she always brings him
back to us by the morning. Schock and Awe, y’all!
Allen Swearingen - 479.650.4247