You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your ReverbNation experience.
* Johnny is a pop rock singer, songwriter with a flair for writing catchy pop melodies with strong hooks who also possesses an exciting, live stage presence. Johnny had a major label contract with his former band Skin & Bones, produced by Andy Taylor and is now releasing his own music as an independent solo artist. To date, Johnny has six independent CD releases currently in worldwide distribution, enjoying both critical and commercial success.
* Born in Baltimore, Maryland, by his teenage years, Johnny was front man for the regionally successful pop group, “The Vamps”. They opened for headliners such as Joan Jett and Modern English with regular TV appearances on Shakedown in Charm City. Realizing the need to showcase his talent in a larger market, Johnny relocated to New York City, where he formed the rock group, “Skin & Bones”, who in 1990, released their debut album, "Not A Pretty Sight", on Equinox Records, recorded at the legendary Trident Studios in the heart of London's SoHo district produced by Andy Taylor of Duran Duran fame. It featured a stripped-down, but accomplished brand of pop/rock blended with Johnny's extremely direct vocal style. Media attention brought about record sales that soared all over Europe, especially in Japan and Germany. After relentless touring across the United States, they released their album Madhouse in 1992. Next, Johnny was offered an invitation to Los Angeles to write and sing for television and motion picture soundtracks. These credits include songs written for The Heights, a FOX Network hit in 1993, and major motion pictures, West From North Goes South, and Hell High. Throughout this period of success there were unusual twists and turns that led him from New York City, on to LA, to Nashville, throughout New England, on to Boston where he was invited to appear on FOX25 TV with his band, The Outsiders. Memorable live performances throughout Cape Cod & the Islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, the Twin Rivers Casino in Rhode Island, then down the Eastern Seaboard to South West Florida. From great cities to quaint villages, Johnny continues to capture the hearts of many with his diverse musical talents. Ultimately, in the spring of 2010, Johnny relocated back to New England, the place he calls home, where he is continues to write and perform.
** Some “Highlights” from performances:
- SoHo New York-2010: Skin n' Bones Reunion at legendary Don Hill's.
- Towson MD-2010: Recher's Theatre: Maxwell's Reunion with The Ravyns "Raised on The Radio" & The Vamps.
- FORT MYERS BEACH: 2008-2010 : Exclusive 2-year engagement performing at Castaway's Estero Boulevard.
Some “Beach Bulletin Highlights” "Great place to party, Johnny Vance Rocks the place on Wednesday and Friday nights! Great Music!
- BOSTON-2007 -- Paul McGonagle, Ass't News Director at FOX25 saw Johnny Vance & The Outsiders perform at the British Beer Company in Sandwich, MA and invited them to appear on FOX25 TV WFXT Boston Morning Show on July 4th 2007. A video of their live performance is available online at: www.johnnyvance.com.
- SEDGEWICH RECORDS: Includes the song "With A Little Help From My Friends", with Johnny Vance and more than 50 of Cape Cod's most popular artists all performing together on one song. Don't miss Carly Simon on Track I - Blackbird. The new CD was released on June 1st, 2007.
CAPE COD-2006: Johnny and his back-up band, The Outsiders competed in and won a 5-week "Battle of the Bands" competition and were dubbed "The Cape's Most Dangerous Band 2006".
- SEDGEWICH RECORDS: In July of 2006 Johnny Vance & The Outsiders lent their talents in a fund raiser charity event with their recording of the classic "Don't Be Cruel" (track #17). The CD titled Cape Cod Covers VOL 1 The King, produced by David Wood, is available at CD Baby, Tower Records, Newbury Comics and locally throughout New England. The album proceeds go to benefit "Angel Flight N.E". 70 talented musicians, producers and audio engineers came to together to lend their talents and pay tribute to the great Elvis Presley.
* With a straight-ahead focus on the fundamentals of great songwriting, Johnny is at the top of his game, creating enough momentum to turn out some of the best music of his career. Today you can take a visionary ride with front man Johnny Vance as he performs live on stage with his band, “The Outsiders” or witness the exciting stage presence of the “Rock n’ Roll Circus”, a tribute to the Rolling Stones with Johnny performing as his idol, Mick Jagger. Johnny’s “Solo Acoustic Performance” is an intimate one-man show stripped down to voice and acoustic guitar. If you’re truly into Classic Rock then you won’t want to miss Johnny Vance & The Outsiders as they take you back to the future with a set list of favorites from the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Tom Petty, to the Black Crowes and Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's amazing how much of yesteryear music is influencing today's audiences.
* Original Songs by Johnny Vance are now available on iTunes including his award winning Christmas Classic, voted #1 on MP3.com in December 2002:
"Thru A Child's Eyes" now on iTunes and CD titled "Johnny Vance's Greatest Hits 2010".
***With his love of live performing, Johnny is currently performing in 3-formats:
1) Johnny Vance & The Outsiders: Original Concert Set.
2) Solo Acoustic Performance: An intimate one-man show stripped down to voice and acoustic guitar
3) Classic Rock Format: Includes many favorites thru the years, from the Rolling Stones to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.